Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so the 612 has just had a service, was running like a dream.:thumbsup: Had the brake pads and front discs replaced :steeringwheel:(if you hadn't noticed from other posts) and a full service under warranty at an authorised dealer.

Problem - Front right disc is squeaking like hell :yikes:( well under low pressure in town traffic) and a fluid leak drip has appeared on the garage floor!!!!!!!!:yikes::yikes::yikes:

Checking under the car, the front floor pan, centred under the engine has a number of grilles, two of which are showing a very small oil leak. :yikes:Whats the betting this "authorised" centre has not tightened up the oil sump drain plug enough!!!! too much to be residue from draining.

Will keep you posted, following my "not very happy" visit on Monday. I will add, I have posted my displeasure in this crew before:thumbsdown:, but kept with them due to warranty cover:wall:, but I plan to stop by with a trusted service team first (ex-dealer- setup on their own) :thumbsup:to get the sp, and walk in to the autorised centre with some knowledge and ideas with what to expect.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
That is absolutely terrible, hope everything goes well.

Chris

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
It can be residue oil from not fully cleaning the area before having replaced the oil drin plug or it can be residue from around the filter.

If the dripping does not increase it could be just residue.

As to the braking the pads may need seat a bit better for the squeeking to stop. Worst case one of the pistons is binding.

You can try driving 40-50 kph on a safe road and just slightly applying the brake while keeping a bit on the accelerator.

Give it a try to see.

remember that for some services there are a lot of fluids being changed and sometimes service personnel don't pay full attention.

Independents are always better.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, main panick over - but still seriously miffed at the "official" service centre.

The brake squeak - I remember the trick of driving and appying brakes, and if on older more used pads, when you do it while reversing it takes of the sheen, and can remover the sound. I would like to think they will bed in, but could be they aren't seated correctly (only front left) - just damn annoying as it happens when you are going slowly if traffic. Should be the exhaust note being listened to - not the high pitched squeal of brakes.

On a more major point, I took the car this morning down to our friendly independant, he lifted the car, removed the floor plan and confirmed no major problem, just a steering fluid leak from a 138 euro pipe. Very small - no danger - and will be fixed under warranty. BUT!!! as it has only just been serviced this should have been picked up by the garage, unless of course it wasn't there then, and during carrying out the standard service, it was they who put if under strain and caused the leak - which is worse!!!!

Now I have to take the car down, wait for them to order the part and fit it, which over Christmas means no car for probably 10 days - so annoying.

Really not impressed by the "Official centre".

Must admit though, it was great to get the car up high and have a good lok underneath, seeing what is going on.

Next Thread - HOW TO REMOVE ROAD HUMPS FROM THE WORLDS ROADS!!!!!! Now matter how carful we try to be, the proof of what they can do is clearly visable under the car.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Remember first that what you have is a very mechanical piece of equipment.

Issues occur and you have to sometimes roll with the punches.

It's not fun to do so but what options are there?

Let's hope it's a quick and easy fix.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remember first that what you have is a very mechanical piece of equipment.

Issues occur and you have to sometimes roll with the punches.

It's not fun to do so but what options are there?

Let's hope it's a quick and easy fix.
I fully agree, and roll with them I will, especially as it allows me to fulfill my dream every time I go into the garage. BUT - my main gripe here is a common theme, the Official Ferrari Service centre is taking the P***, openly taking me for a ride, not doing their job, and falling far short of the expectations one would expect to meet or get from a leading centre. I had been told by other local Ferrari owners this would happen - and they were right, but the Warranty cover is driving me to this centre and distraction.

I am learning though, and enjoying the challenge and looking forward to what lies ahead.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
A few things to consider:

a) I do not know if you have any consumer protection laws but it is time to find out.
b) I would send a letter to Ferrari's office in your country if there is one or to Maranello at minimum complaining of poor factory service
c) I would send a letter to that dealer describing your displeasure and send a copy to Ferrari as well.

Don't take any of this sitting down! Be aggressive!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts