Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Had a leak in my AC which i've located and sorted, was thinking about trying the EZ Chill product to refill, contains the R134a gas along with lubricant, anyone used it? Only thing i'm slightly nervous about is the lubricant, i know the gas is correct but unsure about the lube. In the 430 workshop manual there is a procedure for filling the compressor with lubricant but what i'm not 100% on is if the gas and lube combine and if the fact i had a leak will mean my compressor has no lube in it now so would be reliant on the halfords refill lube.

Main dealer price of 150 GBP for refill really does seem steep to me! Any thoughts if it's worth a go, anything significantly different about a Ferrari AC other than prices for things?

John.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
GBP150 is a bit steep for a/c regas & dye, although, they have to spend time accessing the valves. I personally would not use the EZ Chill option or Kwik-Fit. Indeed, some of the less scrupulous fast fits do not fill to correct amount.

If you have already exposed the high pressure & low pressure valves and they are easily accessible find a good local independent garage, they can easily regas it for you. The main difference between the canned stuff and a proper regas is that the latter if done properly will remove moisture from the system, run & hold a vacuum and a small amount of UV dye can be added to determine any leaks. Also you can ensure the correct amount of R134a gas is refilled. Cost should be around GBP70.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I would seek out 100% refrigerant with no additives or as close to that as you can find.

All new compressors contain an oil pack filled internally before leaving the factory so you no longer should have to manually add any oil. Furthermore, if this is not the original compressor, then you may have two or more oil fills running around your system. Oil is now taking up the space that refrigerant could be, reducing effectiveness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts