Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been cleaning my beast. On the passenger’s side is a sticker which tells me to replace the gas generators after 10 years. Yipes, I have 1997 550.

Has anyone replaced theirs?

What is the normal price per side or bag?

Happy New Year to all.

:)

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
You know where this is going to go, right

Its your fault. Your making it to easy.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Unless you a have to have an air bag person I'd ignore this. I have no idea but I would bet you have to have the gas cannisters replaced.

I have had the air bags in my 360 disabled. I can turn them on if I want but I do not want active bags.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Has anyone replaced theirs?

What is the normal price per side or bag?

Happy New Year to all.

Replace my bag a few times, costs me more each time..:wall:

My price for the bag I have now??? let's see with dinners trips gifts etc.. oh I would have to say about $5000 to date and we only started dating in July...:yikes:

HA ha ha ha ha.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, well, well. Are we not all humor writers for Hollywood. Darn, I love this forum.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
never done this replacement, but I do like the idea of disabling the bags altogether. I know it's a great safety issue, but seen too cars get totaled on loust bag replacements.

rik

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I used Bob Brown at www.airbagonoff.com.

He flew out and did a buch of them here. It was about $900.00 or he will sell you the devices and schematics for self-installation.

There is a key lock assembly for each disabled bag. You can turn on if you want any time. Theya re not permanently disabled.

I don't want air bags in any cars.

I feel they do more damage then good!

BTW, Ferrari offers a similar kit which mounts in the center arm rest console, but it's only sold in Europe! How's that?

The company is:
Sensible Solutions, LLC
7301 Brookside Dr
Frederick, MD 21702
301-473-7908
www.airbagonoff.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts