Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i need to buy four wheels to replace the vr390 wheels of my mondi8 1981
unfortunately i'm not a wheelsbase expert.
I need aftermarket wheels like penta, but i dont' need the fantastic reproducion Superperformance uk, too much high cost.
I need wheels with price around 80 eur each,
somebody can help me?

i see different pics of ferrari with aftermarket 16 wheels, and some replace with a strage Gotti cover, tell me please

Really better if i find these wheels in europe (i live in italy...ferrari country) because the price of shipping rises in these last years.
But if i must buy outside europe, i can think really to buy.

Regards
J

·
Registered
308 Posts
I "think" your Mondial has wheels to these specifications:

Fronts: 390mm Diameter by 180 Width by 55mm offset
Rears: 390mm Diameter by 180 Width by 55mm offset

The only Ferrari wheels that I know of that are close in regards to offset are the wheels for the 348 which are spec.'d out at:

Fronts: 17 inch diameter by 7.5 inch Width by 49mm offset
Rears: 17 inch diameter by 9.0 inch Width by 68mm offset

So using 348 wheels, the fronts would be moved inwards by about a 1/4 of an inch, and the rears would be moved outwards by about 1/2 of an inch. If the fender openings allow for this it would be a great swap. Plus it would be a nice "upsize" from the 16 inch stock wheels.

I may have some of these spec.s wrong....so double check my figures. But I think it would work out nice and keep your car "all Ferrari".....

·
Registered
47 Posts
With a 55mm off set you should be able to find a fair amount of aftermarket wheels. There are a few cars that have the 5x108 bolt pattern and off sets close to 55mm. I know Jag and Volvo along with Lincoln have 5x108 bolt circles so just go to a web site like Tirerack and give them a call. You should be able to get something for between $100-$300 per wheel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dont forget these wheels are hub centric, make sure the center bore on the new wheels are big enough, you can always add spacers but if their too small I guess you're stuck then, stick to the 348 wheels, I believe the center bore is the same...please anyone, let me know if I'm wrong on that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts