Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a 308 or 328 however, need a good book or site to get information on what to look for in a car. What issues I will run into and ect... Please advise

·
Premium Member
298 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Hey Chris,

Welcome to the forum, this is a great place to learn about Ferrari’s. Well if you know anything about cars it will be a plus, looking for the regular stuff like rust, good condition interior, good paint and engine leaks then it’s a good start.

You have to understand that you will be buying a 20+ year old car so the same applies to pretty much all cars. The major difference between the early 308’s and 328 will be carb or fuel injected and points, some people love the sound of carbs while others don’t really care . Now in the 80’s the 308 started to go to fuel injected as well. To get a more in-depth look at both, I would recommend you get a paid subscription and download the buyer’s guide (you can download all of them for every model) and read lots of good stuff. It was the best thing I did, it really narrowed what I wanted in a Ferrari, and kind of influenced in a positive way my choice on what too look for and what to expect.

Good luck and hope to see you participate in the forums conversations….

~

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advise, I will do just that. I am glad I found the site and look forward to spending more time here. I seems that everyone is very helpful. Thanks again.

:)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Chris, great choice of 1st ferrari. I can't offer you any tips on mechanicals as I'm no expert. I have a preference for late 328's (what I own) simply because, after 12 yrs of 308/328 production they had perfected the car by 88/89 and they are one of the most reliable Ferrari's and simplest to work on (so I have been told).
I did about 12 months homework on various models before I bought mine. There are hundreds of website and reviews on the internet, and great forums like this one. I typed Ferrari 328 GTS review or words to that effect in google on a regular basis and read as much as I could from the hundreds of websites that came up.
Best wishes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts