Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am a relative newbie to this forum and I'd be really grateful for your advice

I have just sold my last Porsche a 996 (and it is probably my last after the crappy service I got from Porsche UK) and have decided that a 360 should be my next car.

I'll do less than 5000 miles per year, a lot of short trips under 10 miles, some days maybe 30 miles and a mix of driving in light traffic and open roads, very little motorway - maybe once or twice a year.

I've been a big tiptronic fan in the 996 and also drive an Audi 2.5 Turbo Diesel Tiptronic too so have got out of the habit and need for manual gear changes. I've also enjoyed not having to buy new clutches!

The dilemma I now have is which 360 to go for. I'm torn between a mix of affordability and preference for auto so there are lots of really great looking blue F1 cars that retail well under reds etc and yet my head says red for resale and I'm just unclear about manual vs F1. I've tried 2 F1 cars and they seem really cool although I've read the stories about clutches and a pump (£9000) failure - what do you guys think - and what is best for resale?

In am in the Uk and have around £50-55k as a budget. Should I spend more and go for a Spider? What does sell fastest?

Thanks to everyone for reading and helping.

·
Registered
374 Posts
About the color, it's strange because I was told by a car dealer in France that red Ferraris sell cheaper than other colors (unless it's a crazy ugly color). So maybe you want to go to France and chase up a cheaper red 360... I would prefer a black or silver car. I like fast cars in red or yellow but these cars are very noticeable and with that kind of color, everybody will see you coming. And I like to keep a low profile. :)

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
John, The 360 F1 is an automated manual so you are not out of the clutch replacement business. Get the color you want. Don't worry about resale. As long as the color combination is attractive, it should not be an issue. Based on your driving description, an F1 should do fine. If you are using it daily, especially in the UK, a coupe is probably a more sensible choice.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Not sure if this helps but my mate has a 360 Manual. He especially sought it out because he felt shifting manually would be a more authentic experience. However, since he's driven the F1 version, he's really annoyed he didn't choose the F1.

I guess what I'm saying is: go and test drive them both and see how you feel. But don't expect a Tiptronic auto gear box - even though they have an auto setting, they're far from automatics.

BTW, if you do a lot of short trips, please be careful to warm up your machine properly every time you drive it. If you become careless after a while, you'll see a lot of wear. Ferraris like foreplay. ;)

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Good luck on your search for the 360!!! It seems that at least here in the US the prices for the red 360s are actually cheaper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts