Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for all of your sage advice Scott (Boxer !)...the car is sensational and instantaneous in throttle response ! It is a USA model, excellent condition, and I am thrilled to bits !

Here are some pics guys, I will post some more on Sat ! Right now, I'm knackered and sipping a soothing beverage.

·
Registered
532 Posts
very beautiful collection, your a very lucky man to own such cars, id sell the carrera gt tho, buy another ferrari to complete it:D

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
WOW, how to make the most impressive garage even more impressive!

congratulations, I'm sure you'll enjoy and drive the car very much!

and remember to come back to Ferrari Life to share your experiences with us =)

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Wow!!! Awesome!! Congratulations on a most excellent purchase!! Nice garage. It looks like you need one more parking lift to be able to fit in the 6th car. :)

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Beautiful F50! :) Do you still own the Porsche 911 GT3?

Chris

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Congratulation to a wonderful, superb collection. :eek: Fantastic. :D
Please come back with initial driving impressions to all of us.
How does the driving and handling feeling of the F50 compares to the Carrera GT ??

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
That's just great, man. Congrats. btw, what part of Kentucky are you from? Or is that just where the car's last owner resided?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Congratulations! Maybe you want to bring that with you for the upcoming FL trans-European epic voyage... :cool:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hahaha ! Thanks lads, really appreciate the kind thoughts. I'll have more seat time tomorrow, and give some driving based impressions after a few rides :)....but so far, it is incredibly responsive to throttle input. The F40 pedal feels so heavy in comparo, but of course when boost comes on on the '40, all heck breaks loose. The F50 is much more linear, but I was surprised by the very quick revs. At 4k rpms, the cabin is quite full of noise, certainly due to the proximity of the engine to the bulkhead !!! Yesterday was a bit wet and greasy on the roads, so the 8k+ song was not experienced...I can't wait for that.

I think one this is evident though...it looks so much better in person than pictures. That was true in Bahrain, and even more so now :)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Ah, okay. The weather has been quite dreary here also. I'm about ten minutes from the KY border and 20 minutes from Indiana here in southern Illinois. Once it clears up be sure to get out there and see what that baby has got!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
hahaha ! Thanks lads, really appreciate the kind thoughts. I'll have more seat time tomorrow, and give some driving based impressions after a few rides :)....but so far, it is incredibly responsive to throttle input. The F40 pedal feels so heavy in comparo, but of course when boost comes on on the '40, all heck breaks loose. The F50 is much more linear, but I was surprised by the very quick revs. At 4k rpms, the cabin is quite full of noise, certainly due to the proximity of the engine to the bulkhead !!! Yesterday was a bit wet and greasy on the roads, so the 8k+ song was not experienced...I can't wait for that.

I think one this is evident though...it looks so much better in person than pictures. That was true in Bahrain, and even more so now :)
Stop it!!! I can't handle these descriptions of the experience!! Please spare me the pain and keep the pleasure to yourself!! :D :D

Congrats again man! Enjoy the ride!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congratulations! now that's a stunning collection and I feel very sorry for you.....because it seems to me it's really really hard to choose which beauty you will take out?;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts