Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that were in Carmel this year did you notice there were NO F50s with the F50 GT being the exception. What is up with that?

I was kinda disappointed, I saw more Enzos and F50s at Ferrari Brunch and that event is much smaller.

But seeing all the 250 GTOs made up for it. That was a rare site to see.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
F50's seem to be very rare...
Maybe because the Enzo has a special warranty so people drive it more often. I don't like it because Enzo's are hard to spot by s/n and there are too many driving around now... :(

·
Registered
613 Posts
Dr. Bob said:
F50's seem to be very rare...
Maybe because the Enzo has a special warranty so people drive it more often. I don't like it because Enzo's are hard to spot by s/n and there are too many driving around now... :(
:lol: You are so right, I see three Enzo's from my window right now! :) And I know there are four more parked in the street next... :wink:

(I think I don't get it... :-? )

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
i saw one
i got pics of a yellow F50 parked next to the F50GT on the FCA Concours on tuesday and on monday in the paddock of Laguna Seca
but for the rest i didn't saw others
kinda forget it actually, was too busy drooling about those 250 GTO's :green:

but there where enough Enzo's to go around.
but also barelly any F40's

·
Registered
895 Posts
Very right you are. No F50s at Concorso or Monterey, as you said with the exception of the F50 GT1.

As Dirk said, there was a yellow one at the FCA concours, and I think I *may* have seen pictures of a corsa one, but not positive about that. But yes, there was a sort of abundance of Enzos for the weekend, everywhere. And there were a few F40s around as well as a few 288s.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
you where at FCA aswell???
did you happen to have seen me there?

and i can't remember seeing a red F50, but heck going through my pics these last days, i've already seen several cars that i just can't remember seeing let along taking pics of :-? , so it's very possible that there was another F50 but i must have walked passed it then.
or perhaps there was on at Concorso Italiano?
i left there when cars where still arriving

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
OOOHOOHOHOHH

just found something back, there was also a BLACK F50 present
i had already seen it thursday morning, it was stashed in the same truck as Jim Spirro's 330 TRI, i was hanging around that truck for the TRI ofcourse so the F50 was of lesser interest at that moment

and then i saw it again on wensday at the track for the free lapping for the FCA, altough i only saw it in a dark pits, it did came out to play later on, but i was already back on the road since the F50GT was already crashed and i wanted that one

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dirk,

I can't believe you missed photos of the black F50. I saw the only white F50 and was sure to get lots of photos. For such a rare color F50 you should have done the same.

F40s? Dirk, tt must have been too dark, but we pasted two F40s parked at a house on the street I was staying at. But still not a whole lot.

·
Registered
895 Posts
No, Dirk, unfortunately, I was not at the FCA concours. Maybe in 10 years. :p I only saw pictures from the event. Noticed the F50 GT1 had a number on the side though, probalby from running on Monday, yes?

Dark or not, I'd like to see some pictures of that F50.

Yeah, rare cars...I ended up with about 270 pictures of the F50 GT1...Still not completley satisfied, I would've liked to have gotten a few more of the "odd angles."

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Dr. Bob said:
Rosso said:
I ended up with about 270 pictures of the F50 GT1...
Wow, I think you will beat Dirk on that one...
yep, pretty sure you did

i wasn't a single time very happy with the placing on the FCA field and on wensday it was getting ready for the track so it was in the pitbox and afterwards it was damaged and covered up

·
Registered
895 Posts
Dj Dirk said:
Dr. Bob said:
Rosso said:
I ended up with about 270 pictures of the F50 GT1...
Wow, I think you will beat Dirk on that one...
yep, pretty sure you did

i wasn't a single time very happy with the placing on the FCA field and on wensday it was getting ready for the track so it was in the pitbox and afterwards it was damaged and covered up
Ah, yeah, I can imagine. I was able to get some decent shots from the trailer through unloading the car, then sitting outside the garages for a while. I'm glad the corse clienti guys rolled the F2003-GA over, a little ways away, drawing people away from the F50 GT1, allowing for some shots minus the people. Will have to wait another year at least to see that car again...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts