Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I spent the weekend in Durban this weekend for the A1GP race.

It was awesome - very professional and a feather in the cap for South Africa.

A friend of mine drove in the support GT race that featured six 360 Challenge and one 430 Challenge cars.

There were several other Ferraris there as well including a F40, 512BB, 365BB, Dino, a few F355 and 348 as well as abot 10 308/328s.

We had a flat above the track (18th floor) and could see the whole circuit and we had a pit pass for the support races.

I have attached a few pics from my camera phone.

Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
very nice, thanks for sharing!

pit pass is the best thing in the world! hehehehehe

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely - pit passes are great.

My best pit story is from back in 2000. It was the final round of the Le Mans series at Kyalami. My mate (who arranged the passes yesterday incidentally) had three paddock (not pit) passes. We were wandering around behind the pits and noticed an open door without a security guard. We naturally walked through the door and straight into the BMS Scuderia Italia pit - the team with the 333SPs!!!

Long-story short, we stood in the pit for the whole race - literally had the mechanics ask me to move so they could get the wheel off during a repair stop! - and even went onto the pit wall with the team to cheer the one car that won the race past the chequered flag!!!

The best racing experience of my life and typically, we didn't have cameras with us.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Definitely - pit passes are great.

Long-story short, we stood in the pit for the whole race - literally had the mechanics ask me to move so they could get the wheel off during a repair stop! - and even went onto the pit wall with the team to cheer the one car that won the race past the chequered flag!!!

The best racing experience of my life and typically, we didn't have cameras with us.
Very very cool. I have had Pit Passes at a couple of events now and it really does not get any better.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I once got to see a race with a pit pass here in Brasília, it was great!

They served Coke and beer, barbecue, ice cream, even Japanese food (!!), all for free.

Besides getting a T-shirt, a cap and some other things from the sponsors.

And, of course, standing in the best place to watch the race. Too bad it wasn't Formula 1, but still very very nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts