Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Link didn't work so I fixed it as an attachment, and yes, it's a shame to see that car in this condition. But hey, it's only a car... It will go back to the factory and repaired, not a very big problem, well for the insurance company maybe :)

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
If he crashed it on a race track then the insurance probably won't cover it.

You want to know what is really sad? That car wrecked is still worth way more then my house.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Pete04222 said:
You want to know what is really sad? That car wrecked is still worth way more then my house.
That will certainly put things in perspective.

Does anyone know who's Enzo this is? Perhaps this was one of the test Enzos they have to use to test bumper standards etc? Based on the surroundings it looks like somewhere in the USA.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Enzo250GTO said:
Perhaps this was one of the test Enzos they have to use to test bumper standards etc? Based on the surroundings it looks like somewhere in the USA.
I don't think so, they got those yellow blocks on the side of those cars, and I don't think they crash an Enzo with a luggage pack in it.

I also don't think it is totalled, because there are alway people that want that car, no matter what cost. Ferrari's like the Enzo, F50, and 288 GTO are never totalled.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Last weekend (or was it two weekends ago? :p) at Moroso the track was fairly wet. Someone dinged up their Lambo a bit and one guy smashed his car pretty good. I can't remember what it was off the top of my head. When I think of it, I'll add it. :oops:

That would just make you feel sick to your stomach. Yes it can be fixed but, the resale still just went down the pooper on it. By the way, if it was an educational event, the insurance should cover it. Although I think a rate hike may be involved. :O

·
Registered
244 Posts
:( The pic makes me feel sick :ugh:

·
Registered
613 Posts
:( I feel sad... ...but lets face it, that's what can and will happen to fast cars! The best part is the fact that there are always people willing to rebuild the babies... :wink:

:( :cry: But still I feel so terribly sad :( :cry: :cry:

I just hoop people aren't going to use a car like this for parts, because then she will be lost forever.... :cry:
:stupid:

·
Registered
900 Posts
I've been waiting to see a wrecked Enzo. :x I'm just wondering why someone in their right mind would take an Enzo out on the track if it's wet. It should never even get a drop of rain on it. Ferrari owners are pretty bright people, right? I just don't get it.

:stupid:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
mchferrari said:
It should never even get a drop of rain on it. Ferrari owners are pretty bright people, right?
Why not? It's a car, it is meant to be driven. And because it's a Ferrari it is meant to be driven hard. The person that crashed this car used it like it was meant to be used. Racecars are crashed and repaired all the time. That is the way it always was, and it will always be that way.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I agree they should be driven hard on the track, but in the rain? :ugh: It's not safe at all.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i guess i have to agree with Bob, the owner must've pushed the Enzo to its limits, which we have to admit is an achievement in itself. Losing control of the car on its limits is not though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Absolutely. I agree on this one. I mean the car is so expensive that it is meant to be driven by the rich and not necessarily those who have skill in driving these cars. The car is such a fantastic car that it really takes a professional driver to know exactly where the limits are on the car. Obviously, this person overstepped their bounds as a driver. I am happy that drivers are taking these cars out on the track and banging them around a little bit. It is nice for Ferrari owners to start acting like Porsche owners every once in a while. Porsches are industrial and built for the track. So is the Enzo. You really can't take full advantage of the Enzo on public streets. I am sure this driver was having the time of his life just prior to the crash. Remember, as Enzo Ferrari so eloquently stated:

"A Ferrari owner is not always a Ferrari driver."

·
Registered
613 Posts
Azzurro California 575M said:
I am sure this driver was having the time of his life just prior to the crash. Remember, as Enzo Ferrari so eloquently stated:

"A Ferrari owner is not always a Ferrari driver."
I would have... ...and if it was mine, I'll have it repaired no matter what (because I can affort it, otherwise I wouldn't have a Enzo!). After repairs are done I'll take it to the track again, because that's the place were the Enzo belongs. The extra fun the Enzo can give is that you can drive it to the track on the streets... ...can you amagine all the eyes staring at you when you pass them by.... :wink:

:evil: It would be more sad if the Enzo was wrecked because a stupid driver took it thru a red light with a high rate of speed, crashing in to another car...! :evil: I remeber a movie on the net showing such stupididy...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Enzo250GTO said:
Does anyone know who's Enzo this is? Perhaps this was one of the test Enzos they have to use to test bumper standards etc? Based on the surroundings it looks like somewhere in the USA.
From a friend in Tampa, Fl. The owmer wrecked it, called a wrecker, and when he got home got into his other Enzo.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
gthomas said:
Enzo250GTO said:
From a friend in Tampa, Fl. The owmer wrecked it, called a wrecker, and when he got home got into his other Enzo.
Wrong person to own an Enzo. Perhaps he should attend an advanced driving course.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts