Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When a Ferrari supporter shows a real Ferrari soul?
I believe that everyone in this forum has a very strong feeling with the Mystique Red. But someone is really special.
Last december I met a guy that holds a gorgeous collection of auto memorabilia and a set of 16 Ferrari, including 412, Dino 246, Daytona, 275 GTB!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
This is not enough, it's just money :green: :green: :green:
He shows a Real Ferrari Soul because he really believe that Ferrrari have been built to run and not to stay stady in a collection; he organized some races AND HE LET HIS FRIENDS (selected, of course) DRIVE THESE WONDERFULL CARS FOR THE RACES. :eek: :eek: :eek:

A REAL FERRARI SOUL

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yes, but the difference between him and most us true Ferrari souls is he has the financial means.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Maybe, but the difference between him and most of the collectors is that he actually drives the cars. That sounds like a real fan. Not somebody with money that wnats to show of. Is there any possibility you can reach him and talk about this site? I know,people with money don't want to be exposed, but hey, this is the internet. You can make up a name, and when you think you don't ike it anymore, you can leave, and nobody knows who you really are. I hope that will convince more people to post here. Would love to talk to that guy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dr. Bob said:
Maybe, but the difference between him and most of the collectors is that he actually drives the cars.
Not only he drives the cars, but even he let the others drive them! :eek: and in a race!! :eek: :eek:
I will see him in a couple of months and I will sponsor this site. You never know.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Though one may not have the financial ability to own a Ferrari, that does not limit there soul. If one eats, sleeps, and breathes Ferrari, yet does not have one in their garage, does that make them less of a fan? Many people dream, many achieve, many do not. I would say that there are many more true diehard Ferrari fans who do not own Ferrari's then there are people who do own one.
In my own collection, I have 25+ 1:18 scale Ferrari's and over 300 1:64 scale. Yet, I do not own a 1:1 360 Modena nor any other model. Am I less of a fan than someone who owns 1 real Ferrari and drives it on a daily basis?
Sorry if any of this offends, it is just my opinion.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
VancouverTifosi said:
Nunca he oído hablar de tal cosa como eso. Conjeturo que hay la gente que tiene tanto dinero que realmente no cuidan sobre su Ferrari. :eek:
Not sure why the spanish (Rome=Italian?), but I think it cool that he [the owner] lets friends drive the car. Are you saying that by letting others drive he isn't taking care of the car?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
360 Spyder said:
Though one may not have the financial ability to own a Ferrari, that does not limit there soul. If one eats, sleeps, and breathes Ferrari, yet does not have one in their garage, does that make them less of a fan? Many people dream, many achieve, many do not. I would say that there are many more true diehard Ferrari fans who do not own Ferrari's then there are people who do own one.
In my own collection, I have 25+ 1:18 scale Ferrari's and over 300 1:64 scale. Yet, I do not own a 1:1 360 Modena nor any other model. Am I less of a fan than someone who owns 1 real Ferrari and drives it on a daily basis?
I never said that, just that that guy is better than normal collectors IMO. I think Ferrari, and probably never own one, but I think I'm a fan too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you own a ferrari you should not stowe it away in the garage, you should drive it. On average the annual mileage of a ferrari is around 4k. I agree that yes it costs you money but hey if you are driving a ferrari twice or thrice a week then its worth it. Jay Kay (jamiroquai) has a large collection of exotica and he drives them everyday in all weathers, yes he has the money but he has said he aint gonna let them rot in storage and you gotta respect him for that. This is a stark contrast to an article I read on the web the other day. I got curious watching a dvd my wife got me for xmas called martin brundles supercars. On there he drives an enzo and says "it belongs to a good friend of mine so i'll take care of it". The reg of the car was 1YEP and after looking on the enzo serial number website found it belonged to Grahame Bryant, found this article on him, he's a true ethusiast, not just collects but drives them all, a stark contrast to the japanese business man he bought his F40 from. See link below
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2003/12/05/emferr06.xml

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
360 Spyder said:
There are many ways to show a Ferrari Soul: yours is surely one. :D
As well as for the people that have created this site and spend a significant part of their free time in supporting the Forum. :D :D
My idea was not to give THE case, but A case. Others are welcome! :D

The races I have talked about are in Abruzzo (a Region of Center Italy) and this year the second trophy will be held. Registration open to the Ferrari ownwers (or drivers). Thus people living in Europe have a chance; more info connecting with the site www.trofeoferraridabruzzo.it 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
900 Posts
360 Spyder said:
That is exactly what I was trying to get at. I applaud your arguement.

·
Registered
900 Posts
VancouverTifosi said:
Nunca he oído hablar de tal cosa como eso. Conjeturo que hay la gente que tiene tanto dinero que realmente no cuidan sobre su Ferrari. :eek:
??? :ugh: :nuts:

·
Registered
776 Posts
fradefa48 said:
My idea was not to give THE case, but A case. Others are welcome! :D
My appologies...The way I read it was that you had a real soul only if you owned and drove a Ferrari. I misinterpreted what you were trying to convey.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I also applaud those who drive their cars. They are built to be driven and raced. Ferrari is one of the few that you can drive it from the showroom to the track. I still get a big kick looking at my car in garage, but I get hell of a lot more when I red line through the gears all the way through 5th and hit 147MPH... I know of no thrill equal to those seconds going through the gears.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Take it to the track. The thrill is different. Frightening almost!!

On the track, there is no reference of speed, you're on full trottle no matter on what gear. Then the corner arrive and when you try to have the perfect brake distance, then that's when it's scary. You're never certain if the car will kill its speed in time for the turn-in. That's the fun.

But enrol in a proper racing course first, then you'll fell more confident.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You better believe I do. I am not that good on the track, I run the intermediate group and try to stay out of trouble. I do agree with you that I can get better and feel more confident with instructions. I took a day of skip barber driving course that has helped me with car control. I still need to master breaking points, line, and getting the car ready for exit. I am very good with heel-toe downshifting but still having problem timing it based on the line and breaking points. Some tracks are more involving than others and Laguna Seca (where I have been) is very difficult. If I learn as you say then the thrill will be exponentially more rewarding. So the next time I take the car to track I will spend a few hours with instructor and improve on my driving.

Cheers,

·
Registered
749 Posts
I love any track driving but it always "terrifies" me beforehand. Why? Because I know that to go faster than the last lap (even if executed "perfectly" to my humble standard) I have to push things harder, and can I trust my brain not to do something stupid? :eek: :eek:

So far it hasn't, and probably won't. I've had some great "offs" without drama but before track days I often ask "can I trust myself out there?". No-one answers! :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts