Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 1969/70, Peter Helm shot a short film with an 8mm camera to celebrate his friend's acquisition of a PF Coupe. I participated with my GTO and saw the footage for the first time only a week ago. I've added my own commentary to the film which can be seen at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCfItWwi2V8

Peter was instrumental in bringing southern California Ferrari owners together in the early days and he has an amazing archive of 8mm footage of some very rare cars. He has also lived more bigger-than-life adventures with his cars than any ten people I know! Anyone who has ever met him has stories to tell.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
krasnavian, thanks for another great video, your contributions are always more than welcome!

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Thank you very, very much for sharing those great impressions with us. I wonder deeply, where the wonderful human spirit of those times has been lost:(
Whenever your finished film will be available to be bought please let me know !!:)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your enthusiastic comments!

Speaking with him after he viewed the video, Matthew Ettinger (former Breadvan owner and past FOC president) gave me an interesting side note about the yellow Ferrari Club windbreaker that Peter can be seen wearing in the film. Chick Vandegriff, whose Hollywood Sportscars sold and serviced Ferraris, told Matt that he wanted to do something of a promotional nature and Matt suggested the windbreakers, which Chick caused to be distributed to club members. This anecdote comes decades after the fact and may be subject to faulty recall, unrepentant self-aggrandizement or outright, damnable lies. However, Matthew assures me that the two windbreakers he took home have survived in pristine condition (everybody else, including me, got one).

·
Registered
374 Posts
I had missed this one. As usual, very exclusive and some of the best possible quality coming from you Krasnavian.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for your enthusiasm. It seems we all appreciate the same sort of things with regard to Ferrari! By the way, will anyone be at Pebble Beach? I am arriving Friday night and staying through Monday morning.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Thank you for your enthusiasm. It seems we all appreciate the same sort of things with regard to Ferrari! By the way, will anyone be at Pebble Beach? I am arriving Friday night and staying through Monday morning.
Same here, would love to be there in person to have an opportunity to talk to you in person, Krasnavian, and maybe "steal" a little bit of that spirit from you and your friends there. Enjoy the gathering. w/ smiles Jimmy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts