Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sitting at the local bar with my brother-in-law having a drink or three. In comes a loud mouth pettifogger. He sits there and talks about how wonderful his MB car is. He talks about how the MB is the finest car around and how fast it is. Finally, I said enough is enough. I say to him I would not have a cheap German piece of junk. Acting surprised, he asked me if I had a Toyota? “What?” I say. The others at the bar know what I drive and they are laughing. This does not make the pettifogger happy. He continues saying how the German MB is the finest piece of junk around. I, of course, tell him the true facts of life. The MB is nothing but an over piece of crap which does not make him happy. Finally, he tells me he will race for pink slips. I say OK. Then I ask him where do you wish to race. He told me on the North bound Newport Freeway between Irvine Blvd. and Chapman. I say, “Great.”

Then he asks what I had. Then I told him I had a Maranello. He did not know what that was. Someone at the bar told him it was a V-12 Ferrari. He then became very quite and did not wish to race.

I do not like pettifoggers.

·
Registered
613 Posts
:green: I know a pettifogger like that... ...my brother in law! :lol:

( :x He pays 500 euro each month for his MB and has no cash left for feading his wive (my sister) and her kids...)

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
what an idiot, he made deal to race, he should keep is worth and just hand you the keys

oh, and latelly the buildquality of MB isn't anymore what it used to be, a lot of small problems with brand new MB's

·
Registered
613 Posts
Dj Dirk said:
what an idiot, he made deal to race, he should keep is worth and just hand you the keys

oh, and latelly the buildquality of MB isn't anymore what it used to be, a lot of small problems with brand new MB's
true, my brother in law has got problems with the car then I have with my punto!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Forgive my ignorance - but what's a pettifogger? It's not an expression with which I'm familiar.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Thanks Chaps - very interesting - not heard that word before.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts