Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was parking my car today, I spotted a 550 very near me. I could not figure the color out even after I stopped. Was it brown or black? It looked very black in the shadow but a dark brown in the light.

As I was signing in and since I am a talker, I met a man and his son. It just so happen he was the new proud owner of a Ferrari. He has had it but few months and he has put 4,000 miles on it. This is a man after my own heart. This car is his daily driver. Since there were maybe 20 -25 Ferraris already parked, I did not know the model.

Guess what? It is the same year and model as I have. We had to show each our car. His was the funny color. He said the name and lifted the hood to show me the nameplate. I could not tell him if it was an original color or not. He sounded as if he could pronounce the Italian name for the color of his car. I cannot. I do not even try to pronounce the color of my car. His son got a special cloth and cleaned where he opened his hood. Boy, was that paint clear. Mine only has a silver color to it.

I asked him what the box was for in the inside of the engine compartment. It was a transformer for his new lights.

He has the same problem I had. The dashboard leather is shrinking. I told him he should do what I did until the repair was made. I had my daughter color the yellow with a black felt tip pen.

During lunch, I sat with them. He wanted to drive our cars to the roof for some photos. I said, “After the meeting and when lunch is over, fine.” So in a little bit I drove my beast to the topside. It had a great view of Los Angeles. As I got into full sun, I saw his car again. Now this may sound strange but the color of his car was different. Now there was a great deal of red in the finish. Of course, this is not the red of many Ferraris but still very red.

This was new to me. This paint is as a chameleon is.

:eek:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not have a digial camera. Sorry.

I wish I did. It was the most interesting paint job I have ever seen and I have seen many. It change colors as you moved around the car. Wierd.

8)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
The only color changing official paint I know is Grigio Alloy, which is silver/blueisch. As far as I know there aren't any others.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Give me a few hours to sleep...I just got home from work...then I'll pull out my Chromeallusion F40 and snap off some more pics showing her color changing effect. 7 different colors can be seen in her paint; mainly blue and green, but gold, purple, red, yellow, and black can be seen at times as well. It's awesome stuff and at $2500 a gallon...not cheap!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Ok...I think I did better than just pictures...I took a short video clip of this paint on my F40.

See for yourself...

07-19-05 028.mpg

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
360 Spyder said:
Ok...I think I did better than just pictures...I took a short video clip of this paint on my F40.

See for yourself...

07-19-05 028.mpg
well, good thing that you didn´t spend an entire gallon painting your F40!! :D :D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts