Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
I would love to see how a modern Dino would look like. The topic and the engine to start to work with is given, they just need to think about it. Guess a looot of people would support the idea by creating it on the concept of the good old Dino. Using the Dino emblems could also hit hard! Mr. Montezemolo wants to improve the marque's fame and it should help his plans. It would also extend the modern palette without creating an SUV or others like Lamborghini.

So bring it on! :crowngrin:

·
Registered
106 Posts
In 2014 F1 will have new rules about engines. They will become smaller and will get a turbo.
I think that very soon Ferrari will start offering a turbo engine and, why not, a turbo V6 dino would be a good idea. :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
15,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In 2014 F1 will have new rules about engines. They will become smaller and will get a turbo.
I think that very soon Ferrari will start offering a turbo engine and, why not, a turbo V6 dino would be a good idea. :thumbsup:
I believe the top of the line Ghilbi is being offered with a Ferrari built V6 twin turbo so with a bit of tuning, no reason why you could not have a modern mid engine Dino powered by a 400 bhp TT V6.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
If they do, my one fear Is I will not be able to get one as IainUK will have bought the entire production directly from the factory.
And he will pobably have them restored immediately although they are brand new, just for the fun of it....:crowngrin:

·
Registered
453 Posts
To make it proper they'd need to revive the Dino engine platform. That was the whole heart and soul behind the Dino.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
And the Dino makes sense, I can't imagine they'd put "half a twelve" in any of their top-line cars.

·
Registered
453 Posts
If they bring back the Dino, it would only be, as Enzo said, to have something to put the engine in.
Yes.

And they would only need to go back about ten years and lift an F360 Tipo F131 engine for that purpose as it's a V8 Dino. If they wanted twin turbo all they'd have to do is recreate the 288 GTO and badge it as a Dino as that GTO is a Dino, too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts