Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive the finest production car of the twentieth century. It takes me there and back again with comfort, style, and performance. Some cars are a little bit better off the line then me. Very few out accelerate better at triple digit speed. Only a single hand full, if that, have a higher top end than the beast. None looks better.

Only one production car is best in any category at a time and it changes quickly. The stock Maranello stands at the top or close to it in many divisions. It will for many years to come.

The question is what does one want or need from a vehicle? Bragging rights are neat but are transparence. I am not a racer of the track. I drive the freeways of Southern California with some side trips to other places. Will a driver of any Porsche, Corvette, Lamborghini, or an Aston Martin think their car is better? Of course not! They understand I am driving a V-12 Ferrari.

I will go anywhere in Southern California quicker than anyone if need be. Yes, I am an old fart but I know the roads. The beast is so special in traffic. The vision is clear, no blind spots for me. Warp speed is possible and the losers lose. The different between my sweet thing and the others is just an opinion. We both get there.

Bonzi!!!

I only have another two years until my tickets go away.

For the teenagers, work smart and get a beast.

For the older guys, remember after you pay for college, a Ferrari may be in your budget.

For the wealthy, use a Ferrari as your normal car.

Darn, am I a lucky guy or what?

8)

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Bart,
It's good to know that you are out there on the freeways keeping all those Porsches and Lambos in their places! 8)

and btw, it's "banzai" :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
You are a lucky guy Bart. I've never before known anyone who has the same passion for their car that you do. I think maybe when you were born the gods had to find a steering wheel that would suit you? Seems like that steering wheel on the V-12 has met its destiny.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bart

Your my hero. I agree with you completely. If I was making just 80,000-100,000/year wifeless and childless, I would drive a Ferrari daily. Now, all I need is the money. I remeber a local guy was selling his Ferrari 308 for $23,500. He started it up, and he drove me around. The seller was so sure I would be the buyer, and he had no idea that I only had $700 to my name! I guess thats a sad story. I admit my stories are pretty depressing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts