Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I drove my beast a ways. It was the first time I taught someone what a 550 is. It felt wonderful. After driving up the coast, I stop for a drink. I met a very nice gentleman from Minnesota.

This morning, I drove my beast to church. My wife is away and I parked the car in the middle on the garage. When I got out of the car, I noticed a pool of oil. Yipes! My beast is leaking.

Rats. Into the shop it goes. I hope it is not big money. I need the car in two weeks for a Ferrari Club drive. Hope it is ready by then. Well, I will visited it and bring flowers.

So how was your weekend?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
575 Posts
I changed the oil and filter, I installed larger jets in the carbs (for extra performance) and complemented the jet change with hotter spark plugs (to burn that extra fuel). I also re-lubed the advance mechanism in the distributors and set the timing.

Runs sweet now (although I think I went too big with the idle jets. I need to experiment further with that...).

That's how I spent my weekend... :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bart, here you go again with your beast heading back to the dealer for another service. I know you are not upset, a little bit frustration maybe, but listen to this, you said you taught someone what a 550 is, well I think you have experience many days without your beast because of all kinds small and some serious issues with your beast. experience is knowledge. you can help many current and prospective 550 owners with that knowledge. hope you can start that knowledge sharing in two weeks at the club gathering.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts