Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just joined this forum as I've been given financial approval from the holder-of-the-purse (the wife) to buy a Ferrari. I've had this in mind for some time and know my budget will stretch to a 348ts although I may consider a late, good condition 328ts. I'm used to running an "impractical" car on daily basis (am I allowed to mention Lotus on here?) and was wondering if anyone used their 348 or 328 (or any Ferrari I guess) as their main car. Any comments from drivers would be appreciated.

I expect my search for the right car (red, cream leather) to take some time and am looking to buy within 6-9 months - is this realistic?

Sam

·
Registered
19 Posts
I drive a 355F1 four or five days a week. I am a property developer so this basically means about 75 miles a week going to and from site, banks and meetings around London. The biggest problem is the road humps. Once you are used to the car everything else is easy.

One thing I would say is that if you are driving everyday you have to be aware of the mileage. Not so much clocking up a lot of miles but more when you hit the costly service intervals. I bought my car at 13,750 mls. It had just had the belts changed and the major service done. Its due the next big one at 30,000 mls. This means that once I get past 25K the car starts to devalue or I'll have to pay for the service which includes taking the engine out as I understand.( about £5000 with all the bits that are bound to be wrong). Of course if you have the service done the car increases in value. So you either sell at 24k or bite the bullet.

I didn't realise this when I bought the car but I got lucky that I bought just after a major service.

Anyway buy a ferrari - it'll be one of your best decisions.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I own a 348 Competizione, which is by no means an everyday car, but i previously owned a 355gts and drove it 5 days a week. Somewhat harsh, but the engine sound sure did make up for it ;)

If you're interested in the 348, look at the late models, as some earlier models turned out to be lemons, as the 348 was one of the first non hand built ferraris.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts