Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'96 F355 Spider 18k miles, recent engine out service. The ECU will not go ready on all codes, even after many tries at recommended driving procedures to set the system.
Any ideas?
Help

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Frank,
I had the same situation in my 360. Turned out to be the first symptoms of the cats going bad. That said, it could be anything form that to a bad sensor.

Any codes other that non- ready?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frank,
I had the same situation in my 360. Turned out to be the first symptoms of the cats going bad. That said, it could be anything form that to a bad sensor.

Any codes other that non- ready?
'96 F355 Spider 18k miles, recent engine out service. The ECU will not go ready on all codes, even after many tries at recommended driving procedures to set the system.
Any ideas?
Help
Thanks for info, Killer58. Have already replaced cats. We changed some of the sensors, as well. A friend suggested that maybe we need to unplug the "numerous" sensor connections and clean with contact cleaner, we'll probably do that next.
The annoying thing is that the car runs beautifully, just purrs. I guess I need to sell it/or move, into a state that doesn't require a smog test.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you changed the cats, I would change both "centraline" and ultimately all 4 lambdas.

If this still doesn't fix your problem :
Had a bad weird experience on my F355 a few years ago. The secondary air pump would switch on anytime, cutting out the fuel pump. The solution came out checking and making reliable again all electrical connections between the ECU and the engine. After 20 years it can happen that some connections connect only whenever they want...

Hope this helps and you solve it soon..
Stéphane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts