Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading this and ferrarichat for some months, I had narrowed my choices to a 98-99 355. Then I saw this car in Scottsdale: http://luxury-pre-owned-north-scottsdale.ebizautos.com/detail.aspx?iid=2708841. Car looks immaculate, one owner car, always in Arizona. Spoke with the service manager at Scottsdale Ferrari where the car was serviced, exhaust manifolds and valve guides replaced; no issues with the car but due for belt service in
1-2 years. Is $84000.00 asking price in line? What differences are there between the 95 and 98-99? Did the 95 model have dual airbags or just the passenger; USA did not require driver airbags till 96. Was there traction control on 98-99 models and any differences in the suspension damping?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Price was a little on the high side, but 6k miles is very little. Please make sure that it's been driven regularly - if it has been standing for a long time it can have developed all sorts of issues.
I totally agree... thats WAY too high priced! A car that old with that few miles is gonna have issues on its issues!
A minty '95 can be easily had for under $70K, and all its notorious issues will have been sorted out. You'll be into this car for well over $100K by the time you have all the typical bugs resolved... and it'll still only be worth $70K!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So at what point does low miles justify a higher price? Dealer has higher price because of the 7k miles vs a car with 21k. What's a reasonable amount of mileage, 1k per year? And is there any substantial reason to want a 98-99 vs the 95?

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
So at what point does low miles justify a higher price? Dealer has higher price because of the 7k miles vs a car with 21k. What's a reasonable amount of mileage, 1k per year? And is there any substantial reason to want a 98-99 vs the 95?
You are far less likely to run into the notorious valve guide issue on a 98-99 F355. On a car with only 7k miles if it does have an issue, it might not yet have surfaced.

If you are planning on driving your F355 2-3k miles a year, it makes on sense to pay a premium for a very low mileage car as you will "drive off" the premium in 2-3 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts