Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
A little more information would be good?

Also, since you are new here, a reason for tracking it down would be nice.

·
Premium Member
11,888 Posts
Brian- I read somewhere that he bought the car new in 92 and found some of the books, etc he would like to get to the current owner.

I ran into some stuff I had from one of my Corvettes the other day. Did not even remember I had it. Would have passed it on with the car otherwise.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I know a lot of 512's.

Looking up the VIN for each and every one is a lot more time than I am going to spend.

Color etc would be nice. What market area it was last known in would be nice too. I am not into looking for needles in hay stacks.

·
Super Moderator
2,211 Posts
A Google search turned this up: 1992 Ferrari 512 for Sale - 925662 - duPontREGISTRY.com

If this is still current, it's apparently here in Houston, about 30 minutes from me.

Edit: I just checked Lamborghini of Houston's website, and they no longer show it in stock.

I would think they could probably put Rick in touch with the buyer of that car. They're a fairly friendly, helpful bunch, compared to the other outfit here that sells Italian exotics......

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Lamborghini of Houston was on Chasing Classic Cars last night. One of the guys bought a Daytona Spyder to flip, that Carini re-did. I don't get how they sold it for $2m based on the episode though, they skipped going through a lot of stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
512 tr

Thanks guys. I did find that car in Houston earlier by Googling it.I have books and luggage from it.Salesman didn't know they had had the car before.It was sold and he didn't show much interest.I'll keep hunting. Thanks again, Rick

·
Registered
2 Posts
512 tr

Thanks guys. I did find that car in Houston earlier by Googling it.I have books and luggage from it.Salesman didn't know they had had the car before.It was sold and he didn't show much interest.I'll keep hunting. Thanks again, Rick
I am the current owner of 91529 (1992 512TR), since 2015. I happened on this thread via google, so I contacted the OP to see if we can get together to talk about the car. I have the original warranty book, etc., so I can conclude that this is the original owner based upon the info in the warranty book. I am hopeful that he sees my post and message.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts