Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Well, I can tell you where it is on a 308, maybe it is the same on your 3.2 liter.

If you stand on the driver's side of the engine, look at the oil filter, now look down at the oil filter mounting housing. You will see a fairly decent sized fitting with a wire coming out of it. That's not it. That is the oil pressure switch that runs the light to tell you when you have NO oil pressure. Now lean over the oil filter and look at the oil filter base (on the intake manifold side), you will see a smaller fitting with a wire attached to it. That's the oil pressure sending unit that powers the gauge. You do have to remove the oil filter base to change the sending unit (at least on a 308).

Hope that helps!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Here you go, should be worth 1,000 words. Is this the same as yours?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Enzo250GTO said:
Pete,

I like the date marking on the oil filter. Clever thinking.
Thanks Andrew,
I do that on all my cars (and even my lawn tractor). When you've got 5 cars it's hard to remember exactly when you changed the oil in what. As you can see, I changed the oil in the Ferrari quite recently.

You'd like my car trailer, I have the part number for the wheel bearings and wheel seals stenciled on the frame.

·
Registered
1 Posts
86 Mondial Oil Pressure Switch Location

A correction: the large switch on the oil filter base is the sending unit for the gauge, and the small switch toward the middle controls the low pressure light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts