Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there ever taken their Mondial headlight switch apart? The contacts have loosened up on mine and the headlight operation has become unreliable. I have been told it's a pretty easy thing to fix but I would like a reality check from someone that has done it before I get started.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Hi Erik,

I've never done this but here are a few suggestions:

1. Take the cowls (the front part of an automobile body, supporting the windshield and dashboard) off and clean all the contacts, if that makes sense.

2. Another option is to get some Contact/Control Cleaner & Lubricant from Radio Shack or a hardware store. Spray the stuff in grooves and mechanics inside the steering column. Best to do this a few times and work it in real well. This will help keep everything from getting dry.

I've also heard, but don't quote me, that the switches are similar to Lancia's. So if you need parts look there. Others have rebuilt them and it isn't too difficult.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Success!

I just made the repair. I carefully pulled off the square shaped end of the switch (there is a spring-loaded ball bearing inside) and found an electrical connection had come loose. I simply re-soldered the connection and put it all back together.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Congrats! Good feeling isn't it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts