Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the horrible speedometer that only goes uo to 80mp in my 1980 308GTSI, and I cant wait to get rid of it for the one that goes up to 180mph.

Can I have mine rebuilt and a new face made, or do I have to go for a new one....any ideas??

Also, think that I can find a used TUBI for the 308???

Point me in the right direction please!!

CAIO

Franco

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Frank,
Don't worry about the speedometer, if it works you are ahead of the game. You can replace it with the 180 mph speedo but it will cost you $500. You'd be better off spending that in gas. Just drive the car and don't look at the speedo.

The tubi, yes, keep looking for one of those.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pete,
Thanks for the reply, I knew that if I waited long enough you would come through!!

I have to take the speedo out anyway (do you know how to do this??) since it only works for the first five minutes, so I thought that while it's out, I would have the face repaired and silk-screened by Paolo Alto Speedometer Repair. They said that they could silk-screen the face to go up to 180mph and re-calibrate the circut-board to work past 80mph. Have you ever heard of these guy's? What do you think of my plan?

Still looking for the Tubi...the car sounds great now, so I'm worndering how it will sound with the Tubi.

By the way fellas, the 308 is awesome, and I still can't believe it's mine. It's pleanty fast enough for me, and soo tight and nimble. I can only imagine what driving F430 is like.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Well Frank, it sounds like you've got it covered. I have heard of Palo Alto Speedometer and they are supposed to be the best. I think you are in good hands with them and I would follow their advice.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your 308. I think I am going to take my 308 out for a drive later on today (of course I have the carbs so I know you are jealous). My sister kind of set me up with a girl so I'll take her for a little drive today. I had told my sister that I was through with white women and only wanted Asian girls but I'll give this one a chance in the passenger seat and we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, first of all, I AM JEALOUS of the carbs.....thanks for reminding me! That's why I want the TUBI.

Hey give those white women a chance....but it is so nice to hear, "Pete, me soo horney, you number one f**kie, f**kie!"

Stop thinking about the women stuff for one minute and tell me how to take the speedo out of my dashboard!!

have fun today!

Frankie

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Sorry Frank,
I've never taken the speedometer out of the car but I believe you have to remove the entire instrument cluster. I don't think it is that hard to do.

It was raining today so I didn't take the car out. I did take the white girl out though. She's ok but I still say Asian women are better. The Asian girl will say, "What time is it?" The white girl will say, "Is that a Rolex?"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts