Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i am new to this forum and i have to mention the fact that i never owned or driven a ferrari in my life.. i have inherited my uncles 1979 GTS .. it has 9200 original miles after doing some research, I have not yet seen a lower mileage 308 yet. Last time I got in it was about a month ago since it hasn’t been started for about 5 months it took a couple of cranks before it fired up. The interior is black and by god it still has the new smell to it! I couldn’t believe it , there are no scratches anywhere, the condition of the car is immaculate!! Exterior is just gorgeous too .. funny thing is I don’t remember the color of the car.. it wasn’t red, black, white, it was a charcoal color/silver. I was wondering if anyone can help me locate a color chart or tell me what might the possible color be? After doing some research I know there is silver and charcoal color, are there any other color that’s available?. I know people who are looking to buy a Ferrari wants to buy a red one and if that is the case what might this one be worth ? I just might need to sell it because I am moving out of state to continue my education. If anyone can help me out and give me some tips on selling this beautiful car I’d appreciate it, I am pretty sure someone will enjoy this car more than I since I am more of a from a to B then im happy. No offense to anyone here but I just don’t know how to enjoy this kind of sports car

thank you for your time

charles

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
What part of California? I am in SF and would be interested in the car.

Having a low mileage car can be good but too low can also be a very bad and costly thing. The seals in the engine and other places and dry up and crack. I would also getting a PPI and can recommend a shop in the SF area if you are in that area.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What part of California? I am in SF and would be interested in the car.

Having a low mileage car can be good but too low can also be a very bad and costly thing. The seals in the engine and other places and dry up and crack. I would also getting a PPI and can recommend a shop in the SF area if you are in that area.
i am actually driving it from my uncles garage in nevada to LA this weekend.. is there anything i should look out for? because like you said.. things can get old and crack because it hasn't been driven much.. he started every so often 2-4 month at a time to warm it up.. but i dont think he drove it very often.. ill take some pictures of the car after i make it safely home this way i can get a overall feel of the car and if you are interested perhaps you can come look at it..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
one more question.. just out of curiosity what is the difference between a 79 308 gTB and 308 gts ? which one is worth more? if both were same color, mileage and condition? i saw a 79 GTB sold for $27500 white with only 13000 miles, thought maybe that was a steal?

·
Registered
1 Posts
79 308 GTS - Status? (also vs. GTB)

Ifeelsoblu:
What is the status of your 308GTS?
If you have not sold it yet, I would be interested in possibly purchasing it.

GTS vs. GTB

I believe the difference is that the GTS is a "T-top" -- the roof manually comes off, while the GTB is a solid roof.

Thanks!
Sedwin
San Diego, California

1 - 12 of 12 Posts