Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hy all, I see myself looking to get my first Ferrari. I did my homework, familiarized myself with the marque & models, and saw my favorites. I settled on the 365/400/412 series, and after a short debate, on the first in this list. The good part is that I do not have to pay any taxes on this car, for in my country it is viewed as 'historical'. The (possibly) bad part is running costs. though it may seem normal for seasoned owners, you see, I come from the BMW crowd, having owned an 850i - which also is a heavy, taught, powerful and undisturbing V12 Grand Tourer. Now maintainance for the 8 was high compared to say a 3 series, but would the same gap be between the 8 and a 365? For reference, I use to spend between 2-3k a year on my current car. Are there any 365/400/412 owners who could share their financial story? I have fallen in love with the graceful, simple lines of this fine GT, and with the look of the 6 webbers! I see most cars have very little mileage, so my thought is that if at 240.000km my car runs pretty ok, a 60.000km v12 shouldn't have that much wear'n'tear... right? I've also heard roumors that this engine is more or less trouble-free, at least compared to its predecessor. I could tolerate almost anything going bad, except engine and gearbox... I've been over the buying guide, but would like to hear some direct impressions of current/previous owners. Thank you in advance

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Welcome to the site.

I am guessing the gap between a 3 series and 850i is higher than the gap between a 850i and Ferrari 365. The 850 was not BMWs greatest moment although I've always liked the car.

I would recommend reading the Buyer's guide on the 365 for detailed info on what to look for.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts