Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking delivery of a 2005 611 early this week and wanted to know if anyone added home-link garage opener and added navigation and XM radio. I would like to keep everything hidden and as stock as possible. The car has bluetooth for the phone. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Pittterrier, sorry, still using a 4 way key fob for the estate gates/house gates/garage, and still have stock Bose system on my 2006, but I am sure you will enjoy the car.

Keep us updated on how much fun you are having.

BTW Sorry to create a potential issue before you get started, but did you check it has had the gearbox sensor changed as per the recall?

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Welcome to the site, congratulations on the car! Can't wait to see some pictures.

Greg, do you have photos of your 360 on the site somewhere?

Chris

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Wow, that color really does look spectacular!:thumbsup: Great rims too. They suit the car very well. Does it have a Tubi?

Chris

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
The color is Azzuro California. It's one of less than 30 360 vehicles painted that color and it's only one of 8 in the US. There are about 10 spiders here.

At the 2006 Concorso there were 4 total there including mine.

It was Enzo's favorite color.

Rims are SAC = Speedline America Corp no longer in business. One is damaged and not replaceable so I am replacing all the rims with TE-14 iForged.

It does have a Tubi which is absolute junk. It will be replaced with a new design I have worked out.

It is a 6 speed.

Now that my CL500 was sold back to M-B I am keeping my eyes open for something additional- 308 GT4, 348, 355, etc.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
The color is Azzuro California. It's one of less than 30 360 vehicles painted that color and it's only one of 8 in the US. There are about 10 spiders here.

Rims are SAC = Speedline America Corp no longer in business. One is damaged and not replaceable so I am replacing all the rims with TE-14 iForged.

It does have a Tubi which is absolute junk. It will be replaced with a new design I have worked out.

It is a 6 speed.

Now that my CL500 was sold back to M-B I am keeping my eyes open for something additional- 308 GT4, 348, 355, etc.
So you have designed your own exhaust for the 360?

Chris

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

Beautiful 360 in a great colour that really shows off the myriad scoops and ducts that add to her exciting lines. A Daytona in that colour would also look awesome.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
The color was developed in the late 50's after a visit to the Monterey area by Enzo. He was so impressed with the color of the sky here he had the color formulated.

It's used very sparingly. I have seen a 550 in it, a Dino, and I believe there is a Daytona as well. Fewer than 30 360's total, no 599's, no 430's.

The first public display California was sprayed in it.

It is quite beautiful and I get a great deal of inquiry as to what the color is.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I have over 35 years experience designing the most advanced free flow exhaust systems ever sold in the US!
Oh wow!:thumbsup: Are they all custom or did you work for specific companies?

Chris

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Mostly for a product line I had sold for some time and some for others.
Very cool. Were they primarily sports car exhausts or the everyday driver too? When you put your new one on the 360 you should get some sound clips of it:thumbsup:

Chris

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
All were for imported vehicles of every type.

You will have sound clips of what I do when done and it will not drone like the famous toooo beee or sound like an F1 car.

It will sound like a Ferrari!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
All were for imported vehicles of every type.

You will have sound clips of what I do when done and it will not drone like the famous toooo beee or sound like an F1 car.

It will sound like a Ferrari!
:thumbsup: Can't wait!

Chris

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Nor can I!

Howevere I have a few projects ahead of this for the moment.
I don't know if this is getting a little to personal, but how do you go about designing an exhaust such as this. One from: scratch, modify one, computer generate it, draw it out and use mathematics? I just find modifying a car such as this, like this fascinating.

Chris

1 - 20 of 28 Posts