Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems a sensor needs replaced on the 612 F1 transmission. On putting the car in for a service I was notfied of the recall (see below)

The problem is that I seem to have covered over 3000km since this was issued - without a problem - but it goes to show we should check on a regular basis, because the potential lock up could have put me backwards into a wall/parked car or a very colourful 360 spin down the motorway!!!!

Recall note courtesy of Motortrend.com
Recall Date:
MAY 12, 2008

Model Affected:
2007 FERRARI 612 SCAGLIETTI

Summary:
FERRARI IS RECALLING 366 MY 2005-2007 612 SCAGLIETTI VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH F1 TRANSMISSIONS. A NONCONFORMING CLUTCH SENSOR IN THE TRANSMISSION COULD MALFUNCTION UNDER NORMAL OPERATING CONDITIONS DUE TO THE HEAT PRODUCED BY THE VEHICLE. SUCH SENSOR MALFUNCTION MAY INHIBIT THE PROPER FUNCTION OF THE CLUTCH ASSEMBLY MAKING THE SHIFTING OF THE GEARS VERY DIFFICULT. THE VEHICLE SYSTEM IMMEDIATELY DETECTS THE CLUTCH SENSOR FAILURE AND CAUSES THE WARNING LIGHT TO ILLUMINATE.

Consequence:
THIS CLUTCH SENSOR MALFUNCTION MAY RENDER THE VEHICLE INOPERABLE AND, POSSIBLY, RESULTING IN A CRASH.

Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE CLUTCH SENSOR. IN ADDITION, THE CABLE HOLDER AND MAGNET WILL ALSO BE REPLACED. THE RECALL BEGAN ON MAY 19, 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT FERRARI AT 1-201-816-2600.

Potential Units Affected:

Notes:
FERRARI NORTH AMERICA INC 47

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
thanks for posting. This type stuff should be a stickie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts