Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,883 Posts
What you mean is she will not select reverse, no? Does the little lever that selects reverse still need to be lifted to get into reverse? Hill Engineering/Ricambi sell a replacement lever that will not break if yours is wonky.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Hill Eng. link. I assume the RL-03 lever is the solution. Any comments on DIY installation?

·
Premium Member
11,883 Posts
No, but it is pretty simple.

One trick for longevity: do not select 1st gear with the tiny lever, use the paddles instead.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I have the RL-03 lever ordered from Ricambi and pulled the box out. Noticed the 4 screws were slightly scarred, which told me that it had been pulled at least once before. Upon disassembly noticed that the 'nipples' were sheared off, one of the 4 little discs missing, and the black plastic 'dooflicky' or whatever it's called loose in the box. Further thoughts?

·
Premium Member
11,883 Posts
No, sounds like you found the problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have placed the little black dooflicky (what's it called?) back in its slot, tho' unsure of its orientation, and tomorrow reassemble the box for a test to see if anything works.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reassembled the box, carefully replacing the black plastic piece in its slot...nothing. Took it all apart and reversed the piece of.....and reassembled for test. Nothing, no indicator lights, no F or R. Any comments welcomed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Able to engage forward with paddle and drove to MPI in Neenah. The box cannot be disconnected and removed w/o partial console disassembly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys at MPI took the box apart, cleaned and reinserted the "dooflicky" and now reverse OK. A mystery.
Next, any thoughts on the 612 driver's side window switch/ module?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts