Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last month I put my 612 in for its annual service. 18000 km, 6000 since since I took delivery. It was well timed as the morning I left to deliver the car to the garage the "worn brakes" warning came up on the dash. One set of new rear brake pods required.

The garage told me the front pads would probably also need changing in the near future, and I should change the discs as well at the same time (any comments). Another note was I only have a few thousand KM left on the rear tires.

I also asked them to look at the front passenger heated seat unit, as occasionally the heated seat would turn itself on, and to check a clicking I had started to "imagine" on the right bank of the engine (no one else heard it).

The best way to describe the clicking is to say it reminds me of many years ago when I had adjust tappets on one of my first cars with my Dad. Its not always there - but it seems strange it only seems to come from one side.

They also notfied me that a transmission sensor recall (see other post) had been issued earlier in the year, and they would need the car for 2-3 days.

Fours days later I got the car back.

Rear Brakes done.
Heated seat known issue - not fixed - stated it was a software problem???
Transmission sensor not changed - wrong items in stock for same recall but different chassis range.
No strange noises found - it sounds great (but they actually mean the exhaust note I am sure - its very hard to hear anything over that wonderful sound.)

Two weeks later - the brakes worn message reappears - it seems the front brakes had less wear left than they thought. (although I have asked for the old discs to make two wall clocks - one for the garage - one for the games room)

They still don't have the parts for the sensor, and had to re-order them (because they forgot). So now they have had the car for another 6 days.

I recently went to a local club meet and confirmed that everyone uses a local Ferrari engineer who has set up on his own after working for this dealer for 14 years, but I went to the main dealer as the car is still under warranty.

Why does it have to be so frustrating?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had the car returned.

New front discs and pads, 1094 Euros. Transmission sensor work completed, still no fix on the heated seat, and the car was cleaner when I delivered it to them!!!

Kept the discs to clean up and use in the new garage, they weigh a ton.

Hopefully that will be it for a while, except for enjoying the drive.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
thanks for posting. Will follow this, these cars always get sorted out after a few years...go figure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts