Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were fortunate enough to be in a position to choose from a 599 GTB, 612 or Vanquish S, which would you go for and why?

Although, I'm unlikely to be in that position, and haven't driven any of them, I have been in a colleagues 2004 Vanquish and was very impressed with it :D .

From a purely looks perspective, I haven't grown to like the 599 yet, the eyes and mouth don't look quite right, I prefer the look of the Scag. The Aston is one of the prettiest cars ever built, and looks about as aggresive as a sports GT can and still remain attractive. So the Aston get's my vote, but I could live with the Scag and maybe even grow to love it if Ferrari GB want to let me borrow one for a few weeks;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I would go with the Vanquish S they are an amazing machine and personally the 599 does nothing for me and the 612 does very little.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I would never buy British over an Italian car, ever…I am not British, I am Italian, I know nothing about Aston Martin and since both the 612 and 599 are butt ugly and look like a woman’s car (no offence to the ladies), I would buy a Lambo first…but what do I know, I drive a Sierra.

~

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some photo's of the Aston.

Agree the 599 isn't the most attractive car, although it's vital stats are pretty impressive with the slightly de-tuned version of the enzo V12.

The Murcielago would be a good alternative, and although I love the styling of Lambo's I get the impression that they are more about the bling than the drive or pedigree of the marque.

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
No question about it : 599! 620 Happy horses to play with. It will eat the aston & 612 for breakfast.
And the looks...could be better indeed...but then again the last real beautiful ferrari was a 288 GTO.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No question about it : 599! 620 Happy horses to play with. It will eat the aston & 612 for breakfast.
And the looks...could be better indeed...but then again the last real beautiful ferrari was a 288 GTO.
I agree the 599 has the power to beat the others, and ultimately that's what it should boil down to, but like most people, I'm pretty vain and want a good looking car too.

Weren't the 355 and F40 beautiful too? IMO, 2 of the best looking Ferrari's since the 308 and Boxers.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Okay, you're absolutly right.
But compared to the vanquish only the 288GTO can keep up. Although 355 comes close. The F40 has huge presence. The beauty comes from it's functionality. For me the 599 has enough presence too satisfy my vanity.:cool:

·
Registered
63 Posts
It would have to be the 599 for me. I liked it from the first time I saw a picture of one. Same for the 612. I spent a lot of time at the Detroit autorama just staring. I think it's because they remind me of the older, more rounded and senuous cars of the '60s. That the 599 is extremely fast doesn't hurt either.

Tom

·
Registered
13 Posts
Certainly the 599, its the only one out of the three that I would consider swapping the F430 for anyway. When I drove the 599, I loved every second of it; the interior, the looks, the noise and the speed.
The 612 is slightly ugly in comparison. The one thing that sticks in my mind when I drove it was the sheer length of the bonnet! It seems to go on for miles when your viewing it from the drivers seat, it makes it quite an intimidating car to drive. These things I certainly would not expect from the greatest marquee in the business. A tempting second hand buy however.
As for the Vanquish, I am not its biggest admirer. The problem is, the DB9 is better than it, and its around £60,000 cheaper with far better residuals so I would'nt even consider it for this reason. Coupled with the ugly rear lights and the horrid steering wheel, oh, and the depreciation, why would anyone have this over the DB9 or any of the other two?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts