Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year everyone! Wondering if anyone can help me with a 599GTB passenger window switch that I need? Would have to be courier to NZ and happy to pay. Cheers, Philip

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Have you tried ferparts Sacramento CA?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I did try and regrettably unable to assist. Appreciate the suggestion. Cheers

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sadly they could not assist either! Cheers and appreciate the input.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great idea - 41 weeks wait! Cheers

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Is the switch repairable? Soldering or rocker connection?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Regrettably not - completely fallen apart. Cheers, Philip

·
Registered
11 Posts
Phil, have you had a good look at contempory Alfas and Maseratis to see if they use the same switch . It may also be in equivalent BMW models. Usually those parts are all bought in from outside suppliers but start with FCA models - something I learnt when I had the workshop - no manufacturer makes every item.
Has the switch totally disintegrated with some parts lost or is it simply apart. It`s surprising what can be rebuilt if all parts are there. I`ve even made new housings, brass contacts etc

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers JB, will investigate further. Phil

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes there are - BUT - regrettably all the ones we have tried didn't exist or were the incorrect switch, and the one we did pay for, in France, never sent any product so had to get money recovered.

·
Registered
9 Posts
All that for a Window switch? C'mon Ferrari. Support your older cars. General Motors makes an absolute fortune selling replacement parts, along with everybody else. It's all low hanging fruit and instead they're more interested in selling Weirdo Clothes.!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All that for a Window switch? C'mon Ferrari. Support your older cars. General Motors makes an absolute fortune selling replacement parts, along with everybody else. It's all low hanging fruit and instead they're more interested in selling Weirdo Clothes.!
Have to agree - it's so crazy and still don't have it! And agree about the weirdo clothes in the new range!

Reactions: jbauto
1 - 17 of 17 Posts