Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,


My 599 has a split gasket. I have searched high and low for a replacement with no success. Does anyone have a lead for me to follow? Barring that, has anyone found a aesthetically pleasing solution to repair this?


Thank you,


Rick
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
968 Posts
Short of sourcing and replacing the harness....I'd consider two options:
Some sort of adhesive to bond the harness cover
Replace the corrugated section with some split loom. You'd still have to bond the split loom to the end pieces. This solution would resemble the original look.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
453 Posts
Greetings,


My 599 has a split gasket. I have searched high and low for a replacement with no success. Does anyone have a lead for me to follow? Barring that, has anyone found a aesthetically pleasing solution to repair this?


Thank you,


Rick
Hello Rick,
this company have the parts for restore cable connections, maybe could be adapt for you , followings the links to their website, catalogue and contact, they are in Germany but perhaps they have also dealers in US, you coud send them an email.


https://herthundbuss.com/blaetterkatalog/Kataloge/Katalog04EN/#page_274

https://herthundbuss.com/en/products/elparts/range/


Herth+Buss Fahrzeugteile
GmbH & Co.KG
Dieselstraße 2-4, 63150 Heusenstamm, Germany,

[email protected]

I hope can help you.

Fabio Fiammenghi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the suggestions. As for option one: If I can find the matching grommet corrugation spacing, I was entertaining cutting some that may be ~10cm long, cut out about 1/3 of the circumference so it would fit inside and use a glue to bond one side, then once it is cured repeat for the other end and just a bit at the original grommet interface. I will have to devise a fixture that will let me a force on it while it cures.


As for the catalogs, I'll peruse those and see if there is something that RTGT would be able to adapt.



Thank you again. I will post what ends up being the solution.


Rick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Cyanoacrylic "Crazy" glues work incredibly well on rubber like materials. We used to use it to repair rubber drive belts in cassette players. You can hold it in place long enough for it to bond. It's worth a try.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sent an inquiry to Eurospares with a picture. I could not tell from their diagrams if this was listed or not. Thank you for the heads up. - Rick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you. I like the cyano acrylics and to your point they bond quickly. I need to do some dry runs with spare parts to see if I can be fast enough before it bonds. I have tried pulling the two pieces together with the boot open. It is amazing how much force is need to get them to connect. In my opinion, this is one of the reasons it has failed: there is too much strain on the rubber when open. This should be a very low strain designed part.


Rick
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top