Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2003 575M, 6 manual vin.
ZFFBV55A430134153BV55.
what should I be looking at during the inspection.
Veh has 8700 miles, have not seen the service records yet,
asking $119.000 silver/black.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you post where you are located someone would be able to help you find a qaulified person to do a good PPI. A 575 is a great car you just want to be sure what your getting is in good shape. Any service records you can get would be great.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I am looking at a 2003 575M, 6 manual vin.
ZFFBV55A430134153BV55.
what should I be looking at during the inspection.
Veh has 8700 miles, have not seen the service records yet,
asking $119.000 silver/black.
Suggest you do the following:

- download the 550/575 Buyers Guide http://www.ferrarilife.com/library/guides.php

- have a Pre Purchase inspection down by a qualified independent mechanic

- come back here with any questions post the PPI.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Boxer gave great advice.

If we knew where you were located we may be able to offer shop referrals for inspections.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car is at a dealer in s/cal. I asked for the dates and mileage on the last two services. No response, not invoice just date and mileage. Wanted to see if owner used car or has parked it for for a while. No response, not going to follow up. I am live in Wyoming so when no basic information that would take a second to give is not put forward, I walk away.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Sunskr

That is a very attitude.

If the seller is non-responsive tell him to pack a lunch.

There are many cars for sale.

Take a look at the one I posted here. I have seen the car and it looks very nice.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did look at the site, I will keep it in mine. Thank you all for your response, and a PPI will be a must. Will be checking in on site to see who would be the best to use for the any model that I chose. Looking to buy a vacation home in S/W Florida and that will be where the car will be kept. Wyoming winters can be long and hard, plus for me a lot of gravel roads. 4X4 country, 1978 FJ40 is very happy.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Born there 3rd generation, beach boy. Grand kids live east coast, two in Fl. Two in Il. I would rather be in Hawaii ( Big Island ) I get the Ferrari and she choses where we live. Either way I can do a lot of fishing.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bear in mind that even an outwardly well maintained 575M can be hiding problems that will be horrendously expensive to fix. Sitting still for long periods of time is never a good thing. I was surprised to learn last week that the steering rack issue affects 575's as well as 550's..:cry3:

As Boxer said do your homework, get the car checked and tap into the knowledge on this forum. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts