Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a source for a 575M WSM that is much better than the one I have been using to post here on FLife, and is a simple PDF file. Just bought one myself. My old one had all kinds of images missing, but this one is complete and interactive. Creator wants to keep the source and the price quiet, so if you are interested, drop me a PM, swear yourself to secrecy, and I will pass you the info.

Samples below. if you have a hard time reading them, save to hard drive and expand.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got mine today and it is a real beauty.

Taz
Terry Phillips

·
Premium Member
11,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bernard- You can download that 550 manual for free at ferraridatabase.com. All this guy did was print the pdfs and put them in a three ring binder.

Daniel at Ricambi is still the source for the 575M WSM. He let the cat out of the bag hiimself.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Tank you Bernard,
i have already the two workshop manuals of 550 paper version and spare parts manual,I wanted also to the for the 575.

Regards

Fabio

·
Premium Member
11,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Teddy- Yes and no. There is a separate Superamerica workshop manual that covers all the differences between the M and SA that is designed to be used with the 575M WSM for most mechanical features. The SA WSM includes the souped up engine specs, the top, interior differences, and parts catalog.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks tazandjan

Any idea how I can get a copy as our roof is no longer working correctly. I think I need to replace the gas struts.

Want to try and do it over the winter while the car is winterized (gets cold here in Canada).

Thanks
Teddy

ps how do i go about showing that I am an owner on this forum?

·
Premium Member
11,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Teddy- I found mine on E-Bay for around $200, I think. The struts are the weak spot in the roof mechanism and seem to last only 2-5 years because of the heavy load. If I had a Superamerica, I would probably try and have a spare set on the shelf. There are rebuilding services for the struts, but not sure how good they are.

Drop a personal message to Andrew and Boxer and one of them should be able to fix the "owner" for you. Do I have your serial number and assembly number in my 575M/SA small database?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks

I can get the struts very cheap from eurospares (dot) co (dot) uk . Actually they are so cheap I am slightly worried about the quality.

Just want to have a go at replacing them myself as it is something that I may have to do often.

I will look up the serial number tonight and let you know.

Teddy

·
Registered
37 Posts
There are two set of struts

One set is in the parts catalogue and availaable inexpensively

The Ferrari master technition says the real problem is a smaller set of struts that are only available with a new carrier ($18K)

I think he is wrong becasue the larger ons seem to take the load of the weight.

Anyway the dealer and a very well respected local independant in LI say it is a huge job to get to the large struts $ 1.200 -$ 1,800 labor.

Not a due it yourself project and the roof is $26K so leave it to the professionals who have done it many times before.

When very hot outside, my roof drops at the end of the opening cycle (struts lose their muscle) If I have someone press the roof open button while I am out of the car and take a little of the weight off the roof when lowering - no more problems.

Not really ideal and will change the larger struts in the spring.

My car had the roof and carrier replaced. I have the originals and it appears that they reused the larger struts and the smaller ones are still on the old carrier.

So in the spring I will see the condition of the smaller struts (replacement vs the original)

Good thing I love the car.

·
Premium Member
11,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Are those actually gas struts or structural supports? If they can be removed, someone can rebuild them if they are gas struts, but it looks like a real pain to do.

·
Premium Member
11,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Teddy- Those are the gas struts that are easily replaceable. I was talking about the ones that are a part of the carrier assembly. I have never heard of anyone having to replace those to make the top work properly. Just 27 seems to do the trick.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts