Ferrari Life Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok so missed out on the shocks that Terry's tech had.....it's all in the timing.....so if anyone knows of a pair of new or low mileage M-Sachs FHP front shocks I'm interested.

Cheers
Michael

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi Terry, just to be clear are the shock absorbers in the standard cars and the FHP cars the same?

Cheers
Michael

·
Premium Member
11,883 Posts
Michael- Affirmative, there are no FHP shocks, just whatever was fitted to the standard cars at time of assembly.

The HGTC had a half set of specific shocks with the other half set shared with very late 575Ms. Mounting hardware completely different from early shocks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
575M - HGTC Parts procured!

So I went the whole hog and bought the shocks and springs, shock ECU and anti roll bar from the Autralian car. Hopefully we can make all that work! Taz you mention the standing warning light from the shock ECU for anything pre Assembly Number 52556. Mine is Assembly number 49620. Will it make a difference if the HGTC shocks are fitted as well?

I attach a photo of the steering ECU from a RHD car. One relay is removed to show the steering ECU (I think the green flasher relay?). A new Skunkworks ECU is now in place!

I suspect it will be early next year before we get around to fitting the new parts, but I will report back once we have it sorted.

Simon

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi Simon, so you're the one who beat me to the shocks! I understand the shocks are the same on all the 575M's but the springs are different on std, FHP and HGTC, although others here should be able to confirm.

Did you buy the HGTC setup to upgrade you car and are you replacing a standard or FHP setup? If the above assumption is correct I would be interested in one of the sets of front shocks depending on mileage.

Cheers
Michael

·
Registered
39 Posts
Shock Deal!

Michael

I think we can do a deal on shocks. My car has 24500 miles on it and the Australian car only 19170km apparently.

Once the parts arrive and I have a chance to look at everything I will make contact again and we can discuss. It does seem as though half of the HGTC shocks are different (see Taz's post earlier). I am also unsure what the "mounting hardware" refers to!? Anyway once parts are in hand all will be revealed.

Simon

·
Premium Member
11,883 Posts
Michael- The HGTC shocks and mounts are different from the standard 575M, except for very late models after Assembly Number 55769 (SN 138XXX), which share a half set of shocks, like Simon said. All those late 575Ms had the new shock hyperblocks, bushings etc. You cannot mount HGTC shocks on early 575Ms without the special bushings and mounts for those shocks. Looks like that set had all those included, though, and if not, Simon needs to ask for them. Sounds like you missed out on Aaron's shocks. Funny they sit there for a couple of years with no interest and then two owners compete for them. The FHP springs and rear anti-roll bar went very quickly, as did the 8 piston Novitec front brakes.

Simon- The 575Ms before 52556 do not have the steering position sensor that sends a lead into turn signal to the shock absorber ECU to tighten up the outside actuator. The late shock ECUs, like the HGTC one, look for that signal. If not present, a suspension warning lamp illuminates. Works fine, just gives a lamp.

Look in the parts catalog for all the info on the 55769 and later shock hardware required to mount on early 575Ms.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Parts Catalogue

Taz is there a source for the Parts Catalogue you refer to? I have the Ricambi manual but the parts catalogue I have makes no reference to HGTC or indeed 55769 and beyond!

I can see some options on the Eurospares website but it is not entirely clear. The assemblies coming from Australia would appear to be complete but I am now worried that there are additional parts I will need?

As usual help and guidance gratefully received!

SImon

·
Premium Member
11,883 Posts
Simon- The Ricambi parts catalog is pretty current. If you look on this page, you can see the references to 55678 and 55769 and that latter are the mounts and hyperblock for the late model and HGTC shock absorber mounts. Most of the HGTC components are in their catalog, but would have to check the shocks themselves against the HGTC tech bulletin. Half a set is shared with the 55769 575Ms.

Ferrari 575M Parts : Table 53 - FRONT SUSPENSION - SHOCK ABSORBER AND BRAKE DISC

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hi Terry, yes Aaron's ones did disappear just before I contacted him, which was a real pity as they only had 3000miles on them. I did put a bid in on the new ones Rutland had on eBay but they ignored me........not surprising. But no hurry and it sounds like Simon might well be a able to help and is much closer than the US or Aus.

Cheers
Michael

·
Super Moderator
2,209 Posts
Hello Giles, I can provide clones of the FHP ECU's and just replied to your PM.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts