Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Possible. And they're using the 612 chassis. The tests have so far praised the 612 Chassis so it's a good base to start.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I (so far) like it better than the 612, but I hope they don't make the replacement look just like the 612 except shorter.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Actually, after looking at it more, I hope they don't tone the 575 down that much. Too boring.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes, I agree with mch. The body seems to have been toned down quite a bit. Perhaps a red exterior and some Scuderia Shields and this car will be in business. However, I am somewhat confused since Ferrari usually produces cars that are quite easy to distinguish from one another and don't follow Porsche who makes all of their cars look more or less the same. I really like the look of the 612 Scaglietti and I always will. However, I don't know if I will ever find this 612 clone as attractive as the original. I need to see the car from the front. Hopefully there will more modifications that will distinguish this car from the 612.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Be smart guys, that car is a mule. It is testing parts that will be used in the 575 replacement.

The body will never look like that - that's for sure. They will only use the actual body some 6 months before the new car goes on a motor show, either Geneva or Frankfurt/Paris. Sales and delivery will follow about 3 months after the motor show. That has been the standard practice with Ferrari.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think it is a 612. Just some changes and they drove it to see how well it did. It looks more like a concept before release. But it can't be no 575. Looks to much like a 612 more than a 575.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look at the length of the doors. They are way shorter than the 612, and the 575 will be built on a shorter 612 chassis. It will not look like a 612, but the chassis will be roughly the same.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I get ur point but i hope in doesn't look like that. I love the look of the 575 now. I would hate if they changed it. Wouldm't u?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Stradale is right.

They probably just took the body parts from the 612 and slapped them on this mule for coverage of the parts instead of a body-less car running around. Sure the door is shorter, but that's an easy cut to fit a test car.

Or...they know people are out there with camera's trying to be the first with spy pics and they sent this thing out to fuel the fires. :wink:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
they did the same thing with the 612
i posted a pic of an early test car like 2 years ago or somehting and it looked like a stretched out 550

·
Registered
194 Posts
I saw this mule up close in Fiorano, a test driver and engineer came by and stopped for a while. Surely not a 612, a lot shorter, the proportions of the car are much more balanced.
The deck behind the seats is much shorter than a Maranello.
Interior looks very similar to a 612, if it's not identical. There are covered scoops on the sides (behind the front wheels) and on the hood. Engine sounds like it has very low inertia, sounds a lot more sporty than a 612 (and a stock Maranello).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts