Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Are you considering the 575M over the 550?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I drove one 575 and did not like it as much as the 550. First the suspension was much softer, it felt like driving a pillow. Secondly the F1 setup was strange leaving a stop light and pulling into the garage, no clutch to slip/moderate with, with time one would get use to it but I did not like it, but I like to clutch and shift. If it was strictly for race it would be great but it leaves something to be desired for regular driving.
Mikel

·
Registered
72 Posts
The 575 F1 is very similar to the 360 F1 but it is not quite as bad, the 12 cylinder has a real flat torque band so it acts a little different. Still not a choice I would make, and the 575 suspension is to soft by far. There is a model with an upgraded suspension package that I understand brings it back to the 550 level but I as of yet have not driven it.

Mikel

·
Registered
509 Posts
Boxer said:
The upgraded suspension is part of the Fiorano handling pack. This is generally regarded as a must have option on the 575M.
So now, when the 575 has the handling pack, is it comparable to the 550? Most complaints Ive heard are due to how floppy it became after they upgraded the engine. With a stronger motor and comparable handling (with the package) id think the 575 would be a good bet. Of course making the assumption the handling pack corrects what was worng.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts