Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am a new member here and am considering buying a 575 F1. I have owned a 360 and a 430 but I find them very fatiguing on a long drive. I think a 575 would be more comfortable now at my advanced age of 58. I am looking for advice on the best prices and about maintenance costs. My ideal car is Titanium/Black. I have read a lot of the threads here and am aware of depreciation. But can anyone predict where prices are going in the next 6 months? Any info would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Welcome to FL. I cannot give any knowledgable advices on market value fluctuations, but why don't you consider 550 as an alternative, reason being that 550 has a better overall ride quality than the 575. Of course, both are very good choices as comfortable, daily drivers. w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Welcome to FL

Lots of perspectives on the markets and economy in general. I personally believe there is another 10% to go before absolute bottom but Energy costs and the political landscape will have a lot to say about that. Speak to your broker for more market advise.

If your serious about a Ferrari, buying now will put you very near the bottom. Ask yourself if the "wait and see" is worth it or is this close enough.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
While "driving" thru market turmoils, trying to find "possible bottoms" I try to remember the indication sign: "end of the world - 2 miles" ....."next bull market - 4 miles":)

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Agree with 212Export & the Saint. Not sure it is worth waiting 6 months to see if 575s depreciate another $5k. Better to start looking now and buy the right car when you find it. That could well take several months give the low numbers of good 550s and 575s on the market at any given time.

To answer the longer term question on depreciation, early 550s are mostly fully depreciated now. I would expect 575s to level off in the same place in another 3-4 years.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck with the 575!

Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey there, as an owner of a 02 575m with the F1 system, i could not recommend this model over any other ferrari (barring the classics) as my favorite with strong enough terms. Mine is silver with the black interior, and except for my fiancee it is the joy of my life. the lines, the handling, everything about it makes the car just an absolute joy to drive. its my daily driver, except for when it is seriously raining. It can be a bit squirrelly in the rain. But that is a small sacrifice to make. I literally get up every morning and after i have made coffee i go down and and check on her and say good morning. I even leave the light on in the garage, so she doesnt get lonely or scared of the dark, lol ! Get the car, i promise you will never regret it ! oh yeah and if you are single you will enjoy some extra benefits as well ; ) PM me if you have any questions about the car

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Hey there, as an owner of a 02 575m with the F1 system, i could not recommend this model over any other ferrari
I think you meant to say "would not hesitate to recommend it"...

@raa1144: if you're looking for a comfortable GT, the 575 is certainly a good choice, particularly without the Fiorano Handling Pack which makes the suspension harder (more sporty). Personally, I would not go for the F1 transmission on a GT like that, though. My 550 has so much torque, you don't need to shift if you don't want to.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Hey there, as an owner of a 02 575m with the F1 system, i could not recommend this model over any other ferrari (barring the classics) as my favorite with strong enough terms. Mine is silver with the black interior, and except for my fiancee it is the joy of my life. the lines, the handling, everything about it makes the car just an absolute joy to drive. its my daily driver, except for when it is seriously raining. It can be a bit squirrelly in the rain. But that is a small sacrifice to make. I literally get up every morning and after i have made coffee i go down and and check on her and say good morning. I even leave the light on in the garage, so she doesnt get lonely or scared of the dark, lol ! Get the car, i promise you will never regret it ! oh yeah and if you are single you will enjoy some extra benefits as well ; ) PM me if you have any questions about the car
How long does the clutch last on the 575M F1 ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts