Ferrari Life Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,885 Posts
Full titanium exhaust with stainless downpipes? How is that a full titanium exhaust?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ti catback. Bumping diameter to 2.5"
The secondary cat/downpipes could be Ti, but for longevity in that high heat area of the exhaust we decided on stainless.

I'd be very hesitant to change tyre brand for the saving of a few kilos. Adhesion is much more important and I personally would never change from the Michelins. They transformed my 550 when I swapped over.
Weight has nothing to do with the stickiness of the tire.

18" Rear:
Continental Extremecontact with 340 treadwear weight 27lbs
Michelin Supersport with 300 treadwear weight 27lbs
Yokohama A052with 200 treadwear weight 27lbs

19" Rear:
Continental Extremecontact with 340 treadwear weight 27lbs
Pirelli PZero with 320 treadwear weight 30lbs
Michelin 4S with 300 treadwear weight 29lbs
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 180 treadwear weight 26lbs

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 575 is going on a diet.

Currently building a full titanium exhaust, with valves, and stainless equal length downpipes. I expect this to drop at least 100lbs off the car.

I pulled the inner foam out of the steering console while de-stickying it, 3lbs dropped. I never thought weight could be lost there, lol.

Next up for me is coilovers, which should drop a few pounds over the OE units. Followed with light wheels; 2 piece brake rotors (4lbs per rotor) and some Ti hardware (2.5lbs for lug bolts)

Some other areas to think of for easy weight reduction:

Headers would drop the weight of the factory manifolds/cats (possibly SAI system) and downpipes.

Brand of tire. Different tire brands and models have different weights.

Brand of battery. Like tires, different brands and models of a battery have different weight. Generally Deka is significantly lighter than other brands. A smaller battery is also an option.
Please keep us informed as your weight loss project progresses, and what you're doing to reduce lbs. Be interesting to see how many lbs you eliminate and what all you did to get there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dropped 109.60lbs with the exhaust while retaining the stock manifolds. Fiammenghi headers & downpipes would shed even more weight.

Stainless:

Titanium:

·
Registered
7 Posts
New 18" HRE 305 came in and they weigh 24lbs less than the factory wheels and are wider than the factory wheels at 10.5" front and 11" rear. These are not considered a lightweight wheel, so further weight reduction could easily be obtained with a light wheel.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Onno, last year when having its major belt service I put Michelin Super Sports on my 575M. They have met all of my expectations.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
P S how nice it is to see a few posts on FerrariLife

21 - 31 of 31 Posts