Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I am just about getting to the end of my Bridgestone S03's lives (actually S02's on rear) and was wondering what peoples experiences were using different tyres for the Maranello. Do Pirelli P Zero Rossos have more grip than Bridgestones?Michelins worth buying for their longevity? I know Ferrari state there were 4 different tyres specifically created for the car, would be great to know the pros and cons of each.

My thoughts on Bridgestones:
They have no grip at all unless warm but once warm to grip very very well. Also they tend to track towards puddles like a heat seeking missle.Think I will end up getting about 4.5/ 5k miles from them.

Alex

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Hi All

I am just about getting to the end of my Bridgestone S03's lives (actually S02's on rear) and was wondering what peoples experiences were using different tyres for the Maranello. Do Pirelli P Zero Rossos have more grip than Bridgestones?Michelins worth buying for their longevity? I know Ferrari state there were 4 different tyres specifically created for the car, would be great to know the pros and cons of each.

My thoughts on Bridgestones:
They have no grip at all unless warm but once warm to grip very very well. Also they tend to track towards puddles like a heat seeking missle.Think I will end up getting about 4.5/ 5k miles from them.

Alex
Personally I am a fan of Michelin for normal road use. They grip well even when cold and are long lasting. The Pirellis have slightly better grip but wear faster. If you track the car often I would go with the latter. If not then the former.

Bridgestones if my experience are awful.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I like Michelins too, and that's what I have in most cars. Yet, when I bought the 550 it came with S03s and they were pretty squared out as a result of parking for a long time. So I got new rubber, and tried the Bridgestone RE050 (S03 replacement). True that until they reach a reasonable temperature, they slide and vibrate at speed. Also true though, that once the temp is adequate, they grab well, and they're pretty smooth up to about 220/230 Kmh, then transmit some barely noticeable vibration, and over 240/250 they become smooth again. As for wear and tear, so far so good.
But if I went back, I'd probably get Michelins, they cost less and I do fine with them.
Good luck

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys. Will look at prices of Michelins. Heard good things about Pirelli P Zero Rossos too...

As i plan on keeping the car for a long time i might as well try all the different brands, then find out which one is the best for the long term.

Alex

·
Registered
4 Posts
personally I have Pirelli PZero corsa on my and can't complain.... They warm up real fast and have massive grip in the dry and moderate grip in the wet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also use PZero Corsa on my 360. I have tried using Michelins Pilot Sports before, but they are not as grippy as the Corsas.... especially on tracks.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I also use PZero Corsa on my 360. I have tried using Michelins Pilot Sports before, but they are not as grippy as the Corsas.... especially on tracks.
Interesting. I actually went from PZeros to Pilot Sports on my 360 for better all weather grip (especially with all rain we get over here). They are not quite as grippy as the PZeros in the dry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Agree with you completely. Michelins Pilot Sports is definitely a more well rounded all weather performance tire. PZero Corsa is good for the type of driving I normally do and as a result the switch. I normally only drive my Ferraris on sunny weekends on twisty coastal / country roads, and the PZero Corsas are almost built for those conditions. On the other hand, if you normal drivings involves a lot of highways with longer straights and more weather conditions, then I would say the Pilot Sports are probably as good as they you would be able to get on a performance super car.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Agree with you completely. Michelins Pilot Sports is definitely a more well rounded all weather performance tire. PZero Corsa is good for the type of driving I normally do and as a result the switch. I normally only drive my Ferraris on sunny weekends on twisty coastal / country roads, and the PZero Corsas are almost built for those conditions. On the other hand, if you normal drivings involves a lot of highways with longer straights and more weather conditions, then I would say the Pilot Sports are probably as good as they you would be able to get on a performance super car.
I drive the 360 in all sorts of different conditions and situations so the Michelins work out well. I have the PZeros on the f50 and will probably put a new set on the F40 next year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts