Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of interest I took a look at pricing around Europe on the 550 Barchetta. In general it seems that UK RHD 550 Barchettas are going for the equalivant of Euro 30K less than cars in Germany etc. Anyone have any idea why ? Condition and mileage all seemed to be in the same ballpark.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Interestingly my local dealer had 2 of them just sitting around forever! I was just down there and he said that he sold both of them about a month ago, and had just got a call today from somebody looking for one. At least here it seems like the market is heating up!

·
Registered
275 Posts
A (great) car without a roof whatsoever. Blaiming it on the british climate is probebly to easy...;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
normally the cars in the UK ar a bit more expensive then in germany. Are The in the Netherland cheaper then in the UK couldn't believe that with our ridiculous tax system.
Best I could say is that is probally because of the pound it is an expensive exchance rate

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
My best guess is the poor pound to euro exchange rate. Six months ago the pound was worth 1.49 euros, today it is worth 1.27 euro's.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
They are probably as rare as F50's. Sytner/Gray Paul in Nottingham had one about 6 months ago, but I think it was RHD. I can only suggest you e-mail the major dealers and independents service dept's and ask them to keep an eye out. They might clients with LHD's who bring them in for servicing?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just out of interest I took a look at pricing around Europe on the 550 Barchetta. In general it seems that UK RHD 550 Barchettas are going for the equalivant of Euro 30K less than cars in Germany etc. Anyone have any idea why ? Condition and mileage all seemed to be in the same ballpark.
Dear Comrade Boxer,

Only Ferrari could sell a convertible car that when the roof is erected the vehicle is limited to sixty miles per hour in case the roof flies off - this is a fact. (And there's no tonneau cover!)

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dear Comrade Boxer,

Only Ferrari could sell a convertible car that when the roof is erected the vehicle is limited to sixty miles per hour in case the roof flies off - this is a fact. (And there's no tonneau cover!)

With kind regards,

Vulcan
Actually they have done it twice. The soft top on the F50 has the same restrictions.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
It has a very high number of gun crimes and stabbings compared to other major cities. The plus side is that there are 3 females to every male in Nottingham.
Arch, that is because the other 2 blokes keep getting shot!

I remember the LA/Orange County stats that were quoted to me (back in 1991 admittedly) - ' there are 4 women for every man, and every other man is gay' I don't know if it still true...:rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts