Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting intermittent heat in my 512tr.

When I start the car and warm it up I am getting heat. However, after driving it about 30 min the heat is going cold.

Any ideas where to start?

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
I noticed that if its very cold out, the heat dissipates thanks to the strakes and engine vents. So, in town driving I get more heat until I open it up on the highway.

Try closing the heat outlets in the footwell (push button down, no lights on the indicator). Also, my rotary fan switch is sometimes rubbed by my cellphone cord and turns down or off.

Taz may be able to chime in with ideas.

BTW, mine is an 88.5 TR and not a 512.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe the TR and 512tr have the same HVAC system.

As such, part of the system is run by vacuum lines (which divert the vents) and part by electronic control which I think controls the water flow.

It was in the upper 30s yesterday (cold) and it seemed that as I was giving the car more speed and rpms the heat just started blowing cold air.

Could more vacuum cause fresh air to start coming in? (Higher vacuum cause a diveter flap to open)

Heat rheostat close off the water valve? (Bad connection)

Higher rpms cause more flow?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe the TR and 512tr have the same HVAC system.

As such, part of the system is run by vacuum lines (which divert the vents) and part by electronic control which I think controls the water flow.

It was in the upper 30s yesterday (cold) and it seemed that as I was giving the car more speed and rpms the heat just started blowing cold air.

Could more vacuum cause fresh air to start coming in? (Higher vacuum cause a diveter flap to open)

Heat rheostat close off the water valve? (Bad connection)

Higher rpms cause more flow?
I'm having this problem. What did it turn out to be?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts