Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 83 512 BBi and it was originally converted by Amerispec. It has the original headers but the exhaust has been converted to what is described as a sport exhaust. Basically the exhaust runs through 4 straight through glass pack type of mufflers. Its loud at idle. I am thinking of converting back to the stock exhaust vs a Tubi. Any thoughts about which one is better vs if switching to an aftermarket exhaust will hurt the value of the car. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 83 512 BBi and it was originally converted by Amerispec. It has the original headers but the exhaust has been converted to what is described as a sport exhaust. Basically the exhaust runs through 4 straight through glass pack type of mufflers. Its loud at idle. I am thinking of converting back to the stock exhaust vs a Tubi. Any thoughts about which one is better vs if switching to an aftermarket exhaust will hurt the value of the car. Thanks in advance.
Amerispec has original unused OEM Boxer exhaust that were taken off as part of EPA conversions as well as Amerispec made SS systems for sale ...203.744.0844 or [email protected]

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Amerispec has original unused OEM Boxer exhaust that were taken off as part of EPA conversions as well as Amerispec made SS systems for sale ...203.744.0844 or [email protected]
I tried muliple time a few years ago to gt ahold of Dick Fritz at Amerispec. All I eer got through to was an answering machine and no calls were ever returned. Are they definitely still in business ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I tried muliple time a few years ago to gt ahold of Dick Fritz at Amerispec. All I eer got through to was an answering machine and no calls were ever returned. Are they definitely still in business ?
I have always had success via e-mail...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boxer exhaust

Any idea why the Boxer headers have the secondary collector thus a four inlet exhaust. I saw on the Tubi exhaust photos at Caribu showing an option for two collector mufflers vs the four inlet muffler system. Was this for a resonator or to cancel out resonance? Any one switched from a stock boxer exhaust to a Tubi? Are there any performance improvements, .i.e. improved torque. Are there any draw backs, i.e. droning, resonance? Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts