Ferrari Life Forum banner

781 - 800 of 803 Posts

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
Thanks Terry, the evening of the 24th should be interesting!

Best regards,

Well, I know this was a tough one but when you are ready you ramp up more RPM/turns.

congratulations I heard/read the hammer was a sound one.

rik

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #785
Dear Dinosaur followers,

Looks to me like it was the seventh most expensive car sold at all of the PB auctions. Or second highest Ferrari price at Gooding. But that doesn't really matter because it went to a car guy who will drive it and show it.

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Congratulations, Robert. A brilliant result.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #787
Dear Dinosaur followers,

Today the combined views count for the following two videos of my car have passed one half million! It is a bit hard for me to comprehend such numbers for what is really a niche vehicle. Fortunately it went to a car guy who was spotted driving in the 30 degree Wisconsin weather a couple of days ago.

Best regards,

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #788
Dear Dinosaur followers,

51 weeks since the big sale and she still is looking good. This was taken this morning Sunday 18 August 2019 at the Casa Ferrari display on the first fairway at Pebble Beach.

Best regards,

Attachments

·
Vendor
454 Posts
Dear Dinosaur followers,

51 weeks since the big sale and she still is looking good. This was taken this morning Sunday 18 August 2019 at the Casa Ferrari display on the first fairway at Pebble Beach.

Best regards,
Dear Admiral,

irripetible car, like your wonderful hystory ...

Fabio

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Dear Dinosaur followers,

Best regards,
Mon cher Amiral!

Welcome home! I see behind the small blue car Johnny von Neumann's silver 250 that I saw on track at Santa Barbara in Spring 1959 driven I recollect by Richie Ginther and Josie v. N.

Reactions: Fiammenghi Italia

·
Premium Member
11,886 Posts
Admiral- Looks like she is still smiling.

Reactions: Fiammenghi Italia

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #793
Thanks guys, sure wish I had been there to check under the hood...

Best regards,

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #796
Dear David,

Good to hear from you! I must admit it was a bit strange seeing my car at a show without me being there, but that was an earlier chapter in my life. Interesting to see that even FNA could not get the V-12 vs I-4 correct. In any event I am delighted that Frank is showing the car.

Best regards,

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #797
Dear Dinosaur followers,

A day for big numbers.

Our photovoltaic solar array just logged in 60 mega-watt-hours generated over the past 5 ½ years, Certainly has been nice getting a monthly check from the electric utility company instead of a monthly bill.

The combined counts of the Jay Leno Garage episode and the Petrolicious episode just passed three quarters of a million views. Still am astonished at those numbers for an early race car.

Serving a 14 day self-isolation at the Governor's direction since HelenAnn and I just returned from a big trip involving medical tests and two big funerals, lots of airport crowds and long flights. A good opportunity to catch up on all sorts of postponed little projects.

Stay safe,

Best regards,

Robert

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #799
Dear Dinosaur followers,

Today is the second anniversary of my selling the little blue car after 58 years and two months of custodianship. It was an absolutely remarkable experience full of memories. The best part of the sale is that the new owner drives it every ten or twelve days on the back roads of Wisconsin.

Best regards,

Robert

Photo by friend Peter Singhof

781 - 800 of 803 Posts