Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know somebody from this site secretly purchased this beauty :roll: :lol: :wink: :eek:ha:
Le Mans-Winning Car Fetches $5.9M

MONTEREY, Calif. (AP)--The Ferrari that won the 24-hour race at Le Mans in 1962 with American Phil Hill as one of the drivers fetched $5.9 million at auction, officials said Sunday.

The Testa Rossa 330 TRI/LM was sold late Saturday to an undisclosed bidder during the Monterey Sports Car Auction. The seller was also undisclosed.

``The price was extremely high,'' said Soon Nguyen, a spokeswoman for RM Auctions. It was ``pretty amazing for a car, especially in this economy.''

She didn't know if it was a record for a Ferrari.

The Italian race car was the last front-engine car to win Le Mans, the annual test of endurance in the south of France.

The auction was held in tandem with the annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance auto show.

The bidding started at $2 million and rose in $50,000 increments as the audience cheered and applauded each bid, Nguyen said.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
It wasn't me. I went up to $5.5 million, but after that, hey, let someone have it that really wants it. :green: :green: :green: :green:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you imagine the thrill of being able to bid for such an automobile :question: The excitement, thrill, and anticipation must be amazing :eek:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
According to last week's Wall Street Journal, the car auction industry & auto collectors wanted a final price of at least $7,000,000. This car would have help get the prices raising again. Looks as if the price did not make the goal. I quit bidding at $2,500. Oh, well.

:green:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
don't remind me, i'm NOT very happy that they changed the dates, on the original date i could go over there, now, i can't anymore :cry:

oh, and another BEAUTY is up for sale then, hte 330 TRI/LM s/n 0808
and that IS the 1962 Le Mans Winner :D

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Boxer,
I can't believe you responded to a post that was 2.5 years old.
A little bored were we? :green:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts