Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My torque tube was rebuilt. An earlier post from www.theengineer.co.uk stated "the final drive requires a separate oil type from the automatic transmission fluid that is used by the torque converter and the transmission core." Which "separate oil type" is needed? I will be using Dextron VI in the core.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Correct. Unlike the standard transmission variety, the oil in the differential and the oil in the transmission are different.
The transmission uses Dexron VI or equiv.
The differential uses a 75-140 gear oil such as Royal Purple or RedLine NS with an LSD additive. The fill plug is somewhat hidden on the RHS of the case and is of the "pipe thread" variety.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My torque tube was rebuilt. An earlier post from www.theengineer.co.uk stated "the final drive requires a separate oil type from the automatic transmission fluid that is used by the torque converter and the transmission core." Which "separate oil type" is needed? I will be using Dextron VI in the core.
Correct. Unlike the standard transmission variety, the oil in the differential and the oil in the transmission are different.
The transmission uses Dexron VI or equiv.
The differential uses a 75-140 gear oil such as Royal Purple or RedLine NS with an LSD additive. The fill plug is somewhat hidden on the RHS of the case and is of the "pipe thread" variety.
Hi, are the core and the torque converter filled with fluid separately? I see on a parts diagram what looks like a fill plug on the top/side of the TC. If the TC is filled separately, how much fluid does it take?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts