Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone notice the Hyundai Tiburon (sp) has a striking similarity to the 456? Someone told me this and I, of course, said, "No Way!"

Well, folks, take a good look at it. The Koreans must have hire a design company from Italy. Maybe not.

:evil:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Yeah, i know, i saw it too.
Well those guys from Hyundai are thinking: Whatever it takes to sell more then 10 cars from one of our models :green:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tifoso_Boy said:
Yes, the Tiburon was 'inspired' by the 456gt.
not exactly. The Tiburon was designed by pinninfarina, which is why it looks so much like the 456. I think it was one of pinnin's disasters, right up there with the Allante!

·
Registered
533 Posts
TimN88 said:
Tifoso_Boy said:
Yes, the Tiburon was 'inspired' by the 456gt.
not exactly. The Tiburon was designed by pinninfarina, which is why it looks so much like the 456. I think it was one of pinnin's disasters, right up there with the Allante!
If Pinninfarina designed it....then it could've been inspired by 456gt...yes??? :roll:

·
Registered
54 Posts
good attempt at saving face. you said it was "inspired", with quotes, implying that the design was copied. when quotes are used like that its usually sarcastic.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
TimN88 said:
good attempt at saving face. you said it was "inspired", with quotes, implying that the design was copied. when quotes are used like that its usually sarcastic.
Saving face? Can we be more anal. If the same company that drew one car drew another it is very likely A inspired B.

·
Registered
26 Posts
More to the point - how about the tail end of the BMW z4? It's exactly like the 550 / 575. From a distance, I mistake the cars. I think that's the biggest Ferrari rip off of them all, and don't tell me the the BMW was disigned by Pininfarina.

·
Registered
776 Posts
To be honest everyone...many, many models have been "inspired" or directly influenced by many other vehicles.
Let me look in my magazine file for an article I remember reading about how many different cars have been "influenced" by Ferrari. You would be surprised.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
zjpj said:
More to the point - how about the tail end of the BMW z4? It's exactly like the 550 / 575. From a distance, I mistake the cars. I think that's the biggest Ferrari rip off of them all, and don't tell me the the BMW was disigned by Pininfarina.
No that was done by chris bangle :eek:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nah, the Hyundai Tiburon is a little too compact to ever look like the 456. To my understanding, the Ferrari 456 GTA is a large car. Besides looking like it would be driven by a 25 year old broad, the design is quite attractive. But cars like the Mitsubishi 3000 GT always catch my eye and at first I think I have seen a Ferrari. Also, that new Porsche Carrera GT has copied the 360 Modena Spyder. The reseblance to a Ferrari is uncanny with the front-end styling and mid-engine layout. [/url]

·
Registered
48 Posts
the ferrari 456 gt is my least favorite ferrari because i don't like the design so much. Its replacement, the 612 Scaglietti, i like very much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts