1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did finally find this info:

456 Shock Absorber Rebuilding

1) http://www.deltavee.net/

Delta Vee Motorsports has a proprietary seal for the 456 load leveling application. Cost to rebuild is $545.00 each. The lower mount bushing is a very robust, high quality component and typically never requires replacement. Most service facilities will remove and replace your original lower mount bushing in the new shock. We have 456 load leveling shock exchange units that do not come with the lower bushing unless the customer requests this service; then obviously their core return must include a lower mount in good condition. Core charge for exchange units is $500.00, refundable promptly upon receipt of re-buildable cores, no external damage.

We stand behind each and every rebuild as long as you own your car. Return your shocks to us and we will rebuild again at no cost and return shipping at no cost (“no cost” is exclusive of incidental or consequential damages and/or costs).

Best,
Rob

2) 456 shock rebuilds

To rebuild the shock you can simply UPS it to Bilstein in CA. and
their prices, as they appear on the list of services, are quite reasonable
(it appears to be $ 100.00, but I am sure it must be more....$ 100.00
only is against the law in most States).

http://www.bilstein.com/index1.php

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Had mine rebuilt in the 456 just recently and good as new, only $300 to have them removed, shipped, rebuilt, and put back in...what a deal. Now looking to do the T's just because price seems good.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Hi Granucci.

Where did you rebuild them??

Thanks,
Erik

There are a couple places, of which one is as good if not better than OEM.

I'll get the addresses and PM you. I typically operate via my mechanic and will see how he wants to address it: BTW, Greg's solutions above [gcalo] are valid and not to be missed. I have done two on the Mondial T, also.

Delta VEE is about the best as Greg mentioned you can get. Quick, pro, and great turnaround:

Blstien rebuild
Rob Schermerhorn 847-638-4226
Delta Vee Motorsports 10590 West KL Avenue Kalamazoo MI 49009

Prices may change but certainly in the ball park and worthy of having him as Bilstein is, well, not as 'quick or customer friendly' :tired: but good when none other exists.

Not bad mouthing them, just saying...keep on the long list.

·
Registered
1 Posts
options

Mine were just sent off.

Delta V quoted 1300 for the pair (rear).

Bilstein quoted $125-150 for the rear (the 100 is for the front or any regular shock, not self leveling). Check their sight or call ,That is labor, not parts or shipping. My experience with them has been superior! Spoke to Wes who was very helpful. Not sure I would use aftermarket rather than OEM at that price. 858-386-5900, in Poway CA; near San Diego. I guess your location would affect the turnaround time.

They do offer expedited service at a premium, ask.

·
Premium Member
11,886 Posts
Cliff- Welcome to Ferrari Life. There is a big difference between the Delta Vee and Bilstein rebuilds. There are several parts in the original Bilsteins that are known failure points, so the rebuilt shocks are going to fail exactly like they did originally. Delta Vee has their own proprietary parts that replace those known failure weak points.

As usual, you pay your money and take your chances. If you are yanking the shocks yourself and replacing them, doing it more frequently with Bilstein rebuilds is easily justifiable. If you are paying someone else to R&R the shocks, the Delta Vee rebuilds look pretty good for a longer lasting solution.

Taz
Terry Phillips

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine were just sent off.

Delta V quoted 1300 for the pair (rear).
Just found this... Hi Cliff, I can't find correspondence quoting this cost for load leveling shocks. We charge $500 each for load leveling shock rebuilding and that includes a lifetime limited warranty. Perhaps the extra $300 was shipping or other work? Sorry we missed getting your business, call or email if you have issues in the future.

Best,
Rob

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Just found this... Hi Cliff, I can't find correspondence quoting this cost for load leveling shocks. We charge $500 each for load leveling shock rebuilding and that includes a lifetime limited warranty. Perhaps the extra $300 was shipping or other work? Sorry we missed getting your business, call or email if you have issues in the future.

Best,
Rob

Well, if you are in that biz can you post more about your services.

·
Premium Member
11,886 Posts
Rik- He is Delta Vee.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
fairly new here, I would like to remove my shocks and have them rebuilt, (1999 FHP 550 euro) and have been looking for a DIY description for the removal replacement process. Both ront and rear, since the car will be out of action. Are there safe jacking points front and rear besides the 4 designated jack points? Also is there a safe point to use jack stands ?
thanks very much

1 - 10 of 10 Posts