Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mechanic tells me I'll need rear shocks that don't leak for the next state-mandated inspection due next April. The service manager intends to research rebuild possibilities. Inasmuch as 456 shocks are plumbed in to the car's hydraulic system, I would think special rebuilding techiniques/knowledge are required. If I must, new shocks are doable but if anyone knows of a satisfactory substitute, I'd appreciate your help. (Incidentally, I'm new to Ferrari ownership, an aspiration I thought I might be too old to enjoy before it came into my life. Everyday I pinch myself when my garage door rolls up & that car is sitting there...ain't life grand?)

·
Registered
36 Posts
shock rebuilding

if your shop is not familar with rebuild shops i'd recearch this site and others[f/chat,FOC etc]for info that your shop/you can use.ask about warranties .i hope this helps and your shop is open to the suggestion forza frank service the hydraulic fliud and replace rubber lines that are contaminating .hydraulics do not like moisture think of your brake system.use the correct fliud.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts